Knives

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH mate they're cracking looking knives :thumbs:. its a bit beyond my know how in making a knife but I would love too, as at least you know exactly what you're getting and the build quality! this way if it don't come up to scratch we can only blame ourselves.....

Cheers

Jasper

Guest Scuba1

Well I was lucky that I had a grand father who presented me this when I shot my firs boar ( I was 7 at the time ) and it was the knife that he used till then and he had it for a good few years,before he gave it to me and I have used it ever since. Mind you I do look after it well and it gets cleaned and a rub with an oily leather after every use and is still kept to a razur edge. For those of you in the know, it is a " Puma white hunter" made in Solingen. Mind you the sheath are crap and I have gone through a few of them in my time. Good thing about it is, that one can still order them from Puma when needed. If this knife could talk, it would have a story or two to tell.

post-6330-1186429000_thumb.jpg

Here's that pic of a knife made for me by Paul at Bushman UK... Top draw workmanship (hammer forged 01 tool steal, skandi grind blade, Tiger maple grips).

post-4425-1186497322_thumb.jpg

Not wanting to hijack this thread but i can't praise this chap highly enough :yes:

Puma make good honest knives Scuba, even Ted Walsh in his classic 'Lurchers and Longdogs mentions them, with the White Hunter the daddy of 'em all, though I wouldn't like to get stopped carrying one of those round this fair land :whistling: !!

Guest Scuba1
Puma make good honest knives Scuba, even Ted Walsh in his classic 'Lurchers and Longdogs mentions them, with the White Hunter the daddy of 'em all, though I wouldn't like to get stopped carrying one of those round this fair land :whistling: !!

Well I used to hunt a lot in Germany and I know, when you walk about in the field with a 8X68S rifle under one arm and a 375 Python is a open shoulder holster the coppers even in Germany are not going to think that you are out to start a fight with that knife on your belt. :whistling: :whistling:

ATB

Michael

Well I used to hunt a lot in Germany and I know, when you walk about in the field with a 8X68S rifle under one arm and a 375 Python is a open shoulder holster the coppers even in Germany are not going to think that you are out to start a fight with that knife on your belt. :whistling: :whistling:

ATB

Michael

germany and britain are two verry diferent places mate, common sence has no meaning in this country :doh: