A Couple Of Mods To Opinel Knives

This is my opinel... I'm not so keen, but I don't take very good care of my things lol. spent a week in the mud when I stormed off home after a shit days shooting, when I came back it was mucky and abit rusted, and when I got round to cleaning it, well you can see how bad the rust is...

post-89904-0-69470100-1377467041_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

im probably going to get slated for this but...............i still think they are an ugly knife.i wouldnt have one no way.just a personal choice,no bit of class to them,highly durable no doubt but just the look and shape of them put me off.i could find a hundred others that are just as efficient and miles better looking,and I know looks dont skin a rabbit but i do like to carry something that doesnt repulse me lol

I have got 3 opinels they are great knives but I bought one a few years ago that has a better shaped blade think its stainless and a real good hardwood handle its easily as sharp,same design the handle does not swell like the opinel,its the first one I reach for now,I will put a pic up tomorrow,ps if anyone wants one in neast mcdermots,ashington sell them for about a tenner.

Edited by smiles40