• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Frank :thumbs:

no Ferret15, he's still here howling every minute of the day and night, :wallbash: I have spoken to the people I had in mind first and it's a no, so I've put him up on the net, my neighbours have gone away so at least I'm safe for now :thumbs:

Tina, without wishing to seem harsh, you have been advised of at least a half a dozen sensible options with regard to this problem, but you have either decided that they are not for you or dont agree with the suggestions.

having caught up with the story i am beginning to believe that the problem is not with the dog its with you!

if you are not going "Lead" your pack including all that goes with that (chastisement where necarsary) then what do you expect? put the dog in the kennel / run, when he howls turn the hose on him, full pelt, and shout at him.

do this day and night as required until he stops, this dog is confused and is being shown the error of his ways thats for you to do - like it or not.

regards

I would call Jim Greenwood. I had a few agression problems with my saluki cross, I added a post to the forum and the only suggestion i got on the site was my dog was Gay?

Thinking there had to be more to the problem i called Jim Greenwood I explained the details of my problems he gave me some starter tips. As alot of the people have commented a lot of my problem was about being pack leader.

Good luck

I would call Jim Greenwood. I had a few agression problems with my saluki cross, I added a post to the forum and the only suggestion i got on the site was my dog was Gay?

Thinking there had to be more to the problem i called Jim Greenwood I explained the details of my problems he gave me some starter tips. As alot of the people have commented a lot of my problem was about being pack leader.

Good luck

is that jim greenwood, the dog whisperer :laugh: as advertised in tcw?

Yes it is: and the guy really is as good as he seems: totally non judgemental and won't make you feel like a failure either. He's helped me a lot with some delinquent youngster problems: sometimes we all need a fresh eye on a problem! No one can ever say they know it all and its been an eye opener for me: we all get into bad habits from time to time, or get into a rut and the same way of doing things: it helps to get an objective view of the situation.

PS Even professional dog trainers will go to see other trainers from time to time for updated info. and to reassess their own work.

Hi All,

I've recently build kennels in my back garden because 5 dogs in the house was getting to much with 4 kids too, all the dogs are brill in them except Binx (racing bred whippet) he howls/whines non stop and just won't settle no matter what I do, he's not on his own he shares with Zak (grew, which he has a bond with most) and the 3 girls are in the other one right next to the boys,

the kennels are roomy and the runs are very spacious too, they have been in them for 1 month now and Binx is still a nightmare, and the people next door are complaining now, they have loads of toys to play with and go out twice a day for a walk, I've tryed brining Binx back into the house but he still howls and it's driving me MAD!

these are the things I've tried so far, telling him to shut up, spraying him with a water gun, giving him raw bones, pigs ears etc, ignoring him, taking him for 2 massive 4 hour walks to tire him out over 4 days, making a loud noise every time he starts, (which is every ten mins 24/7), bringing him and Zak back indoors, and now I'm out of idea's and slowly going out of my mind!!! :angry:

it's all night too, anyone got any other suggestions please!

and I know he's been in the house since a puppy but so have the rest and I've not heard them once, it's just Binx :censored: I don't want to re-home him but if I get an offical complaint I'll have to look into it :(

Hi All,

I've recently build kennels in my back garden because 5 dogs in the house was getting to much with 4 kids too, all the dogs are brill in them except Binx (racing bred whippet) he howls/whines non stop and just won't settle no matter what I do, he's not on his own he shares with Zak (grew, which he has a bond with most) and the 3 girls are in the other one right next to the boys,

the kennels are roomy and the runs are very spacious too, they have been in them for 1 month now and Binx is still a nightmare, and the people next door are complaining now, they have loads of toys to play with and go out twice a day for a walk, I've tryed brining Binx back into the house but he still howls and it's driving me MAD!

these are the things I've tried so far, telling him to shut up, spraying him with a water gun, giving him raw bones, pigs ears etc, ignoring him, taking him for 2 massive 4 hour walks to tire him out over 4 days, making a loud noise every time he starts, (which is every ten mins 24/7), bringing him and Zak back indoors, and now I'm out of idea's and slowly going out of my mind!!! :angry:

it's all night too, anyone got any other suggestions please!

and I know he's been in the house since a puppy but so have the rest and I've not heard them once, it's just Binx :censored: I don't want to re-home him but if I get an offical complaint I'll have to look into it :(

leave a radio on in kennals it worked 4 me

i may have missed this in the thread somwhere whippets dont kennel too well , have you tried old clothes etc which smell of you ,and radio or tape of you talking etc, worth a try. apologies if i,ve gone over old ground. all the best Russ.