First Ever Phesant

Hi Craig

I can't see the pellet entry point. Can you tell me where you hit it?...........and before anyone shouts, yes I know you can't shoot pheasants on the UK mainland with an air rifle. I just being morbidly curious.

Yes you can, I have shot plenty with my air rifles, just as legal as shooting them with a shotgun!

when in season :thumbs:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I'm absolutely beeming, my wife went out today for a couple of hours and I was sitting down on my sofa going over and over. The thing is. I Have seen this Cockbird the past few times I have b

Haha yes it shows the brief readers to the full readers, I'm not sure how to put the note bit in bold so there may be some abuse

Hi Craig

I can't see the pellet entry point. Can you tell me where you hit it?...........and before anyone shouts, yes I know you can't shoot pheasants on the UK mainland with an air rifle. I just being morbidly curious.

Yes you can, I have shot plenty with my air rifles, just as legal as shooting them with a shotgun!

Obviously! I apologise for not stating that!

Edited by secretagentmole

Is a strange thing stealthy but believe me they don't need anymore, the covers are off the royal now and they are coming in thick and fast!

It is defiantly legal in the UK just frowned upon, only because its seen as a shotgun bird. If the lad owner permits, it's fair game

Hi Craig

Obviously! I apologise for not stating that!

Unless your in jersey :) hahaha!

Is a strange thing stealthy but believe me they don't need anymore, the covers are off the royal now and they are coming in thick and fast!

It is defiantly legal in the UK just frowned upon, only because its seen as a shotgun bird. If the lad owner permits, it's fair game

i think its mainly seen as not acceptable to the lorded gentry and there shooting estates, but most normal people dont really care, the land i shoot is full of them, all wild. but i rarely shoot any as i carn`t stand the taste :laugh: infact i carn`t remember the last time i shot one, mind the dogs account for a good few :laugh: :laugh:

I would love to have to many here, think I could find a way to deal with them, also think folk would get bored reading my pheasant whacking posts :D

I would love to have to many here, think I could find a way to deal with them, also think folk would get bored reading my pheasant whacking posts :D

You are not supposed to whack them you are supposed to shoot them, this is an air rifle shooting forum, sheesh! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are not supposed to whack them you are supposed to shoot them, this is an air rifle shooting forum, sheesh! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just off on to the site sugestion section mr perfect :laugh:

Thing is mate I think it's illegal to bait them over here :( it says on the laws I'm not allowed to use any baited bored for birds, but surely if they are a pest I can use anything to get rid of them? Bar like poison etc etc, I'm just not sure, and don't want to do anything illegal.