First Ever Phesant

Hi guys, I'm absolutely beeming, my wife went out today for a couple of hours and I was sitting down on my sofa going over and over. The thing is. I Have seen this Cockbird the past few times I have been down round near my landowners house. Every time it has seen me or I have been to far away to attempt to get it.

So bugger it I thought I'm gonna go down for a quick hour and see if anything is about. Packing my stuff, I went light, just wanting to get out the house for an hour, range finder, magazine full of pellets and 5 spare for zeroing. Looked at the bipod and left it.

Got to my permission and then the landowners mother was there so chatted for about 20 minutes on the weather etc etc and then I threw my jack pyke suit over my jeans and t shirt and went for a walk. The past few times I have seen this Cockbird it's just been sitting in the long grass around the back of the house, so I moved round keeping to the wall and popped my head out....low and behold there it is, sunning itself sitting down not even bothered, I moved up to a broken wall next to the house and sat my rifle on, range finder, 27 yards, slight down hill, just under half mildot and WACK, over it rolls! Absolutely astounded. It must have meant to be.

The farmer who tends the fields has asked me to try and get as many pheasants as I can because they do havoc on the jersey royal fields around my permission. This is my first ever phesant with an air rifle and I am chuffed :). Can't wait to get some more

Note to those who already want to say something about them not being in season....-jersey in the Channel Islands has no game season, phesant are seen as a pest, however you need a phesant licence to shoot them from the environment control, which I have just been granted all year round.

Hope you enjoyed the read, great week for me

2 rabbits
1 pigeon
1 cock bird

4CE6F38C-64E7-494F-8E22-7378A5DC12AA-635

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I'm absolutely beeming, my wife went out today for a couple of hours and I was sitting down on my sofa going over and over. The thing is. I Have seen this Cockbird the past few times I have b

Haha yes it shows the brief readers to the full readers, I'm not sure how to put the note bit in bold so there may be some abuse

Haha yes it shows the brief readers to the full readers, I'm not sure how to put the note bit in bold so there may be some abuse :D

sorted :thumbs: BASC

Guernsey

1. The close season for game (rabbit only) runs from Mar 1 until the Sep 30 inclusive. Owners/occupiers of land can kill game on their land at any time of year. Additionally, any person who has, in their possession, written permission from the owner/occupier of land may hunt or kill rabbits on that land at any time of year (Island of Guernsey, Ordinance of the States XXXII 1994 – The Protection of Game Ordinance 1994).

2. The open season for birds (pheasant, partridge, snipe, woodcock and collared dove) runs from Oct 1 to Jan 31.

3. Woodpigeon may be taken at any time under The Protection of Wild Birds Ordinance

Jersey

1. In Jersey there are no game seasons and gamebirds can only be shot under licence for the protection of agriculture. All wild birds are protected with the exception of carrion crow, magpie, feral pigeon and woodpigeon which may be shot under licence. However the Minister for Planning and Environment may license any person to do anything which would otherwise constitute an offence against wildlife (Conservation of Wildlife (Jersey) Law 2000 Article 16(1) as amended).

2. In Jersey it is illegal to release or allow to escape into the wild any pheasant, red-legged partridge or grey partridge except under licence (Conservation of Wildlife (Jersey) Law 2000 Article 15(1)( B) and (3)).

Skot, I am a lucky chap I know, but Unfortunatly it's not a dream to shoot over here, firearms are very very anti social over here, you need an FAC for everything, there's no lamping or anything allowed, no shooting on Sundays. There is only one gunshop which is absolutely useless to air rifle hunters like me. For example I just want to get my rifle tuned and serviced and maybe the power uped to just over 12 and there is nowhere to do it at all. However it makes up that I can shoot phesant all year round and a lot of the wildlife isn't very gun shy, except my permission where there is shotgun users every Saturday haha!

Cheers paulus that makes things a lot better :),

Cheers phil, it's taken along time for me to learn to shoot air rifle properly, but now I'm confident enough to take stuff like this down :), really need to start making a dent in them but they are tricky little things to get a bead on at times

Yer I know what you mean, Unfortunatly I love my s200, I get about 40 shots now, but I don't have a chrono to see what it's firing at, just want something at about 14, problem is with none to sell over here I'm worried my local gunshop won't ask a lot for it

Skot, I am a lucky chap I know, but Unfortunatly it's not a dream to shoot over here, firearms are very very anti social over here, you need an FAC for everything, there's no lamping or anything allowed, no shooting on Sundays. There is only one gunshop which is absolutely useless to air rifle hunters like me. For example I just want to get my rifle tuned and serviced and maybe the power uped to just over 12 and there is nowhere to do it at all. However it makes up that I can shoot phesant all year round and a lot of the wildlife isn't very gun shy, except my permission where there is shotgun users every Saturday haha!

Who says lamping isnt allowed?