Does Anyone Else Shoot An Smk Xs20 - Need A Little Reassurance

I have the 19 and like it much prefer it over the hw77 I had. Just my own preference

What ?? the HW must have been buggerd then

Seriously,, most on here know I`m harsh on them, but for good reason,, they are pish. But really,, in no way would any be better than a HW77,, the worlds finest FT springer.

• Like 1

I have the 19 and like it much prefer it over the hw77 I had. Just my own preference

What ?? the HW must have been buggerd then

Seriously,, most on here know I`m harsh on them, but for good reason,, they are pish. But really,, in no way would any be better than a HW77,, the worlds finest FT springer.

They do the job and easy to tweak and don't break the bank. My main gripe with the hw77 was the weight maybe I need to do more press ups but it really put me off it

• Like 1

I also own a B19 (in Form of a Stoeger X20S) in .22!

I have also a kit from Willy from Woodfield GCP fitted, so you can't compare this rifle now to the standard version.

You know,here in Germany they put a bypass in to the piston, to keep it under 7,5 J. So the recoil is terrible.

I closed that damn bypass, fitted a much better (bigger) piston seal and the Woodfield Kit. I changed the Spring to a full length Titan XS, so the rifle makes now about 20 Joule with 14,33 grain pellets. Thats more than 200m/s.

And after a full trigger tune this is a really nice rifle to shoot and to hunt also. I love the sound with the supressor

Fazit: After a little tune up this is a rifle with a lot of pontezial, and really powerful also. Its not as precise as a HW97 but you can get very good groups if you do for example a better crown on the muzzle.

Cheers Lupo

The Chinese rifles SFS sell are mostly tuned CO2 models.

Tuned by Tony himself with many tweaks the rifle is called the SFS Hobby. These will shoot at 11.5 FPE and group very very well in normal weather so im informed.

As soon as he does one it is sold. Me and Davy have been trying to get one for months to review but they sell faster than you would imagine.

We held one about 6 weeks ago though that was going that day.

Game keepers love them as they are accurate, cheap and very carbine.

Tony does also sell SOME of the (better) model springers but they are no HW and he will tell you that if you ask.

Capable of shooting fairly accurate at a long distance if you do your bit they can but not with the same firing cycle of a HW.

Got to say though ive spoken to Tony on a few occasions about Chinese rifles and he agrees that SOME models have a place in shooting as a cheap starter rifle for some people but in no way even after a tune are they a HW95 or any full power HW.

I think some people just twist words to suit their motives ref what Tony says and regarding sales. Ive seen Tony turn down sales to people trying to buy top end springers for small kids saying there too heavy only to sell what suits them best at half the price.

He defo doesnt sell rifles that dont group at medium or longer ranges like some have done. The HW35 Laura brought for me that Tony just serviced and straightend the barrel for me after it being bent slightly but sold as a tuned and accurate springer by its former owner.

Umm but thats another story I wont bore you all with.

Si.

Edited by zini

Ive enjoyed reading everyones comments in regards to the XS20 and its been great to be able to able to call upon everybody else's experience, but this morning I decided to take my bog standard XS20 out and see what it was actually like. To say the least it was the most fun I've had in a while. The rifle itself was perfectly accurate for what i wanted. Getting myself a couple of bunnies early on and a couple of woodies a little later.. and not to forget the crow that taunted me for longer than I desired. most of the shots were made at around 30 yards and the longest shot of the morning being around 40 yards (didn't feel comfortable making longer shots than that with it) put a little smile on my face. I don't think the smile was necessarily from the shot itself, but I think it was that moment that I relised the appeal of this particular rifle. This is the kind of rifle that is no fuss, I get that its not your £400-£500 Weihrauch or air arms springer but it is the kind you can throw it in your case ( not literally throw it of course) get out in the field and enjoy and not worry a whole lot about it getting scratched and damaging that beautiful bluing (I have a pro sport that i am a little protective over :D ). Really good day overall for me. I will still be sending it off soon to have it tuned so I will see what that adds to it. :D

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

I found myself at a loose end one day and had some cash in my pocket, I bought an XS19 . I didnt expect much as it was so cheap. However when I started shooting it, no mods no cleaning straight out of the box it was blinding. So accurate and a real sweet shooter, every bit as accurate as my HW80. I normally go for the higher end air rifle HW, Air Arms BSA etc but I really was very impressed with this value for money. Spending money is the law of diminishing returns i.e. you may spend twice as much on a rifle but you wont get one that is twice as good. Not knocking the leaders in air rifles but dont knock SMK as they are terrific value for money in my experience anyway.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Schony said:

I found myself at a loose end one day and had some cash in my pocket, I bought an XS19 . I didnt expect much as it was so cheap. However when I started shooting it, no mods no cleaning straight out of the box it was blinding. So accurate and a real sweet shooter, every bit as accurate as my HW80. I normally go for the higher end air rifle HW, Air Arms BSA etc but I really was very impressed with this value for money. Spending money is the law of diminishing returns i.e. you may spend twice as much on a rifle but you wont get one that is twice as good. Not knocking the leaders in air rifles but dont knock SMK as they are terrific value for money in my experience anyway.

SMK have come a long way since the days they made rifles out of tin lol but its true

i was holding a smkxs19 the other day at the rfd,s and it felt like a good solid rifle and at £150 ish i was tempted to buy it

may still do it yet ,,,and tune it up the stock had nice grain in it but it was hidden by the shit they put on at the factory

so that would be coming off strait away .

in fact it felt like a hw80 i know lads not in the same league but with a tune and a polish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,could it be ?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

xs19-18-rifle-581af9212fa3a.jpg

7 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

SMK have come a long way since the days they made rifles out of tin lol but its true

i was holding a smkxs19 the other day at the rfd,s and it felt like a good solid rifle and at £150 ish i was tempted to buy it

may still do it yet ,,,and tune it up the stock had nice grain in it but it was hidden by the shit they put on at the factory

so that would be coming off strait away .

in fact it felt like a hw80 i know lads not in the same league but with a tune and a polish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,could it be ?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

xs19-18-rifle-581af9212fa3a.jpg

There is one on freeads at the moment for 90 and it looks to be a good un.

• Like 2

That SMK XS19 in the pics above from Jimmy's response looks a sweet little break barrel rifle to my eyes. If you can lighten the trigger load and sweeten up the internals, I reckon it'll make a decent hunting rifle. What are these like for accuracy?

Got that nice handle-ability look about its stock I like in a break-barrel springer. I love the sweep-angle of the grip.. Wouldn't mind taking one out for a few hours in a woodland stalk-about and see what it would bag.

But take it over an HW77? Especially knowing what my HW77 .22 can produce? No. The weight of the HW77 is there to use and give stability and balance in the aim. Especially from a prone position. In that position the HW77 I know and love is an absolutely superior gun in all respects.

• Like 1

Ideal starter for the not so flush,learn how to strip,clean/lube and see how your shooting improves on open sights.As money comes available a W/W or Tinbum kit and a Titan spring will boost power and reduce "twang" .Then u have a simple go too piece of fun and small vermin control.One thing on the chinese owners forum all say the same theyre not trying to make a HW from a copy but have cheap fun and learn as they go 

Stuff up a 300 quid rifle learning to home tune you,l cry a bit ,stuff up a 40 quid B1 you,l be upset but not so angry.Horse,s for course,s and the free add,s are there for the minesweeper,s to pick up the bargin,s from those who tried and didnt like atb