Terrriers And Terriermenof Ireland

Disagree gte with the idle chit chat bit ,,,, some books are a insparation to young folk and get them started with the terriers if evry book gets 5 young lads intrested thats progression ,,, somthing whats needed in terrier work,, as its been said on here loads of times its a dying sport and needs a revamp

Edited by Liljonny
  • Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would any one want to be in a book and draw attention to there selfs .these books cause nothing but aggro and idiots to the sport.can understand the authors reason pound coins better than puppy p

plummer was the same tell him a inch worth and he`d stretch it 10 mile ---- i told him a story about a lurcher that someone told me dbp took it as his own and used to tell it round the shows .........

I would have to disagree with you on that one Voon,and I would imagine so would a lot of men that worked white bodied terriers long before the black dogs came into this country.I can remember even tho

Reading a book never got me into terriers being out with them got me into them. Some ones tales of darering do. Just for a read. Know more no less. , Aint one of them books. Id use as refferance why. Because ive either met half of the old barstewards. Or some one i know has. Lol. Ever heard of poetic. Licence.

• Like 2

No mate i dont no what that means ,,but just to say it never got you into terriers means nothing realy neither dose who wrote the books but if them books even (if ther lies and full of shit) reach the hands of a few lads who have never owend terriers and it gives them the insparation to go and learn the right way and sets them on ther way surley thats good for the sport ,,,,

No mate i dont no what that means ,,but just to say it never got you into terriers means nothing realy neither dose who wrote the books but if them books even (if ther lies and full of shit) reach the hands of a few lads who have never owend terriers and it gives them the insparation to go and learn the right way and sets them on ther way surley thats good for the sport ,,,,

. No one said they are lies. Poetic or artistic. Licence. Means. Not as it was or changed to suit them selve or. Bit like asking a fisher man how big was the fish that got away , Oh you will come as cross it one day beleave me lol.

I think you're way off the mark mate, I started off ratting & then looked for more info on terriers. When I got into them it was the CMW & Plummer books. Nobody to show me the ropes when it come to earthwork but I soon learned from my mistakes & it didn't take too long to decide DBP was full of shit. I'd find it hard to believe someone with no inclination towards terrierwork would 'stumble' upon these books

Wel stig haha not one to cause trouble but look what i come accross today.

As the title suggests, I would like to put the record straight in regards to what a particular individual associated with Mr Darcy has posted on THL...I have tried to get on to do the job but my IP is blocked perminatly it seems...Anyway Stig did not or never will be the person that gave me ideas for writing Digging The Dirt or any book now or in the future...contrary to what he has posted. Apparently I stole his idea which to put the record straight is a load of rubbish fellas...remembering that I had already written Breaking Through previous to the DTD series...I think Mr Stig should go back to the Dump where he came from as there is already enough rubbish there to keep him happy, rather than posting it on THL but to be fair theres more rubbish on there than anything else...I like to think my books speak for themselves and the fact that DTD has the biggest thread of any book ever posted on THL does exactly that...The Terriers & Terriermen of Ireland will do the same... as this book will surley go down as the best one that has ever been written on terrierwork. Over 300 pages of pure quality! Tell me that I am wrong when you have read it and I will give you your money back!

If someone wants to copy and paste this on THL then please feel free to do so! I hope that this puts the record straight fellas...Bunch of keyboard warriors thats THL A brood of viperous vipers!

well i do hope he reads this -------------- you seem to have conveinently forgotten the conversasion we had via pm when you where a member of thl did you also not put a post up asking members for ideas for your next book or future books ? you also chose to ignore 2 messages i sent to your company one via email and the other via ebay when dtd came out ... i`m not really one for childish name calling nor do i find the need to lie think back a bit and be truthfull for yourself ........... i know and you know the conversasion we had and i`m happy with with my version of it you craic on and enjoy what you do i wish you every success with your books but dont deny the truth .....i spoke to a mr broadhurst last year he wondered where you got the idea from ... and to put the record straight i have of nor intend to have anything to do with mr darcy never met the man and dont intend to ...

Stig i would not lose any sleep over it or jb for that matter,i reckon he is Plummer reincarnated, as Baz already told him on his own site if your not blown smoke up his arse he does not want to know..

i know what was said otherwise i would`nt have made such a bold statement ----------- i`ve no need to lie ..and i wont be worrying about it thats for sure :thumbs:

As the title suggests, I would like to put the record straight in regards to what a particular individual associated with Mr Darcy has posted on THL...I have tried to get on to do the job but my IP is blocked perminatly it seems...Anyway Stig did not or never will be the person that gave me ideas for writing Digging The Dirt or any book now or in the future...contrary to what he has posted. Apparently I stole his idea which to put the record straight is a load of rubbish fellas...remembering that I had already written Breaking Through previous to the DTD series...I think Mr Stig should go back to the Dump where he came from as there is already enough rubbish there to keep him happy, rather than posting it on THL but to be fair theres more rubbish on there than anything else...I like to think my books speak for themselves and the fact that DTD has the biggest thread of any book ever posted on THL does exactly that...The Terriers & Terriermen of Ireland will do the same... as this book will surley go down as the best one that has ever been written on terrierwork. Over 300 pages of pure quality! Tell me that I am wrong when you have read it and I will give you your money back!

If someone wants to copy and paste this on THL then please feel free to do so! I hope that this puts the record straight fellas...Bunch of keyboard warriors thats THL A brood of viperous vipers!

childish rambling ------------ i see a future in childrens books how about pinocchio you could do a good re jigged version with a dvd :thumbs:

tommy pepper cut and post this on his web site/forum creche whatever he calls it ....

• Like 1

well i do hope he reads this -------------- you seem to have conveinently forgotten the conversasion we had via pm when you where a member of thl did you also not put a post up asking members for ideas for your next book or future books ? you also chose to ignore 2 messages i sent to your company one via email and the other via ebay when dtd came out ... i`m not really one for childish name calling nor do i find the need to lie think back a bit and be truthfull for yourself ........... i know and you know the conversasion we had and i`m happy with with my version of it you craic on and enjoy what you do i wish you every success with your books but dont deny the truth .....i spoke to a mr broadhurst last year he wondered where you got the idea from ... and to put the record straight i have of nor intend to have anything to do with mr darcy never met the man and dont intend to ...
. Who the fook is thomas. Pepper. Stigo

Stig i would not lose any sleep over it or jb for that matter,i reckon he is Plummer reincarnated, as Baz already told him on his own site if your not blown smoke up his arse he does not want to know..

i know what was said otherwise i would`nt have made such a bold statement ----------- i`ve no need to lie ..and i wont be worrying about it thats for sure :thumbs:

childish rambling ------------ i see a future in childrens books how about pinocchio you could do a good re jigged version with a dvd :thumbs:
tommy pepper cut and post this on his web site/forum creche whatever he calls it ....

Ime not tryin debate with you , heres a example my freind 26 year old never owend a terrier before come out for a mooch with me 1 day this season first time the dog bolted 2 foxes he had a good time and was bringing working terriers up in converstation regular askin questions n so on hes a sound lad so i lent him the ns bible he come round 2 days later to return the book armed with to many questions for me so i fired him work them hard by hardcombe and he loved it that was 5 month ago now hes got his own permission for next year sorted and ive just sorted him a young dog to work on ther and when he comes with me next season so maybe you have to see a little in the flesh to get the bug but i think books can be a aid in starting lads off and if the author is showing and explaining the proper way to conduct terrier work in his writing and pictures it can only be good

• Like 1

Ime not tryin debate with you , heres a example my freind 26 year old never owend a terrier before come out for a mooch with me 1 day this season first time the dog bolted 2 foxes he had a good time and was bringing working terriers up in converstation regular askin questions n so on hes a sound lad so i lent him the ns bible he come round 2 days later to return the book armed with to many questions for me so i fired him work them hard by hardcombe and he loved it that was 5 month ago now hes got his own permission for next year sorted and ive just sorted him a young dog to work on ther and when he comes with me next season so maybe you have to see a little in the flesh to get the bug but i think books can be a aid in starting lads off and if the author is showing and explaining the proper way to conduct terrier work in his writing and pictures it can only be good

But there isn't! Harcombes book fair enough but bluck just tells his journey through terrierwork then gets well known terriermen to fill in questionnaires. No comparison mate but nice one that you're mate is getting into it, obviously you had more to do with that than someone who wants to earn their retirement letting other lads fill their books

• Like 1

Countrywise Champion of Champions Show to be held at Hatton Country World, Warwickshire, CV35 8XA on 5th May 2013. All the usual Lurcher and Terrier classes with first class prizes for winners and overall champions.Show starts promptly at midday and Johnny will be on hand to answer any questions and take subscriptions for The Countrywise Magazine, which is to be launched at the show. There will also be a sneak preview of Johnny's latest book, The Terriers & Terriermen of Ireland...Come along to a great family venue that has something for everyone.

Countrywise Champion of Champions Show to be held at Hatton Country World, Warwickshire, CV35 8XA on 5th May 2013. All the usual Lurcher and Terrier classes with first class prizes for winners and overall champions.Show starts promptly at midday and Johnny will be on hand to answer any questions and take subscriptions for The Countrywise Magazine, which is to be launched at the show. There will also be a sneak preview of Johnny's latest book, The Terriers & Terriermen of Ireland...Come along to a great family venue that has something for everyone.

See.........theres no such thing as bad advertising!

• Like 1