Favorite Animal In the Uk and Eire

Guest little_lloyd

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Topic has to be the pine marten.Iv loved them ever since my dad spread jam on the window when we was on holiday in the highlands and three came to lick it off.fooking brilliant that was...followed by hare. :yes:

The Irish Hare....definitely.

Beautiful, intelligent and mysterious.

And the best way to see and learn about them is with your local pack of beagles.

I have no problems with people hunting hares with lurchers and I'm not starting a row I'm just stating that MY favourite method of hunting hares is with a pack of beagles.

:clapper: Yep. Irish hare does it for me too, good huntin with beagle but prefer it myself and solo dog. :bye:

Guest MOLLY

I could'nt possibly choose one :blink:

Have loved toads since i was a child, admired rats and mink, cant get enough of the rare glimpses of weasel and stoats. Have always championed the underdogs, spiders, forky tails and wasps. Birds, it has always been the Goldfinch, now closely followed by the kestrel and spar.

The more 'pretty' mammals and birds such as Deer, swans bunnies and fox have never really bothered me.

MOLL.

My all out favourite bird has got to be a sparrow hawk..and for mammal has to be a badger... but they is load's of close second's .

Millet

hey you told me your favourite bird was molly and your favourite animal was Me!!! :tongue2: :kiss:

Guest MOLLY
My all out favourite bird has got to be a sparrow hawk..and for mammal has to be a badger... but they is load's of close second's .

Millet

hey you told me your favourite bird was molly and your favourite animal was Me!!! :tongue2: :kiss:

Got it the wrong way round again Darcy :rolleyes:

MOLL.

I forgot to say Red Squirrels and Kingfishers are another :victory:

Never seen a Red and dont think i ever will :no: Sad but true :cry: Only ever seen the glimse of a Kingfisher as i heard it coming down the bank when i was fishing a few nights back.

I was watching Jonny Kingdom not last night but the night before and he was on some river in Gloucestershire with some Kingfisher expert and they set up a perch in the river to act as a hunting perch for the kingfisher so they could get a few good pics from a hide :clapping: Brilliant idea defenatly something i will do to get a better viewing of such a brilliant creature.

Another shy member of the Riverbank i saw on that evening was a watervole came down the oppsite bank and toddled back down once he knew we where watching. Again never seen one of they before either. Guess hes more safe since we had a big dog mink a few weeks bakc up river a bit.

I love them all, but your right little Lloyd, red squirrels are something special..

Heres one of my pics;

DSC_9837Cropenhanced1Choppington100.jpg

Red Squirrel's are a fave of mine too........ Sand Lizard's are somethin i used to see a lot of as a kid, loved watchin 'em basking, amazed to see 'em in the north.....tried in all the spots I knew as a kid but for the past 20 years have never seen one, shame, though I only hope they are still with us, a creature that's gettin rarer an rarer.

Its a hard one to answer as i have been lucky and blessed to have spent all my life amoung a abundance of wildlife in my area's countryside,where we have some diverse habitat's from pine forests to high moorland,giving me the oppotunity to have seen a lot of different wildlife.............but now that i think about it,i would have to say the red squirrell,the reason is because i grew up seeing them nearly every day,as common as some people seeing crows but that was up to the decline of them as the grey's moved in and took a foothold.

Seen my first grey in my area less than ten years ago and now its been at least five years since i saw my last red :angry: so its like the old saying you dont appreciate things sometimes to you dont have em no more,so yes my favorite would have to be the red squirrell but closley followed the grey squirrell ( stone dead ) :censored: