Favorite Animal In the Uk and Eire

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

Be it a Mammal, Bird , Reptile anything that take your fancy thats wild here in The Uk and eire.

Hares :thumbs: Would be mine, Britains Athelete. Then Roe deer are another puts a smile on my face when ever i see one,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest little_lloyd

I forgot to say Red Squirrels and Kingfishers are another :victory:

Never seen a Red and dont think i ever will :no: Sad but true :cry: Only ever seen the glimse of a Kingfisher as i heard it coming down the bank when i was fishing a few nights back.

I was watching Jonny Kingdom not last night but the night before and he was on some river in Gloucestershire with some Kingfisher expert and they set up a perch in the river to act as a hunting perch for the kingfisher so they could get a few good pics from a hide :clapping: Brilliant idea defenatly something i will do to get a better viewing of such a brilliant creature.

Another shy member of the Riverbank i saw on that evening was a watervole came down the oppsite bank and toddled back down once he knew we where watching. Again never seen one of they before either. Guess hes more safe since we had a big dog mink a few weeks bakc up river a bit.

These little lovely's may not be the most glamorous............but i don't half admire the little feckers resourcefulness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where would we be without them :D:toast:

P21.jpg

Edited by D.C.

The Irish Hare....definitely.

Beautiful, intelligent and mysterious.

And the best way to see and learn about them is with your local pack of beagles.

I have no problems with people hunting hares with lurchers and I'm not starting a row I'm just stating that MY favourite method of hunting hares is with a pack of beagles.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Rats, believe it or not!

Throughout my life, from earliest to just a few seconds ago, they've been a consideration with me. I've probably spent more time thinking about rats than any other wild creature. They f*cking near finished me off when I was just fifteen, but that was part of the learning curve for me.

Always been around in my life. Never far away. The one creature ~ outside of Dogs ~ I can genuinely say I think about, and have done, Every day.

I don't admire them. I don't hate them. I'm just somewhat f*cking obsessed with them! :D

My fave mammel would be a fox..again a pain in ass to to some peoples livleyhood and always good to see the numbers contolled..but again you cant beat the beauty of a healthy country fox :yes: Stunning creatures in all there glory.

Fave bird - Kestral without a doubt :icon_redface::victory: