Just A Word Of Warning And Learn From My Mistakes.

had a phone call of the police this morning asking for me and i said yeah that's me so he said just letting you know we're on our way down,

(bit of an arse twitchier wondering wtf's up).

they arrived and came in (arse still twitching), we've had reports that you have inappropriate pictures on your facebook profile :hmm:

so i asked what pictures and its hunting photo's of trips out with my 2 lads, holding dispatched game and the other holding my gun.

they said its a serious matter and social services could be involved if it keeps up or i refuse to remove the pics :hmm:

so i removed them but advised them the pictures were taken on permission, its not against the law and in no way were they in danger !

i also told them that id rather them be into hunting and shooting rather than braking the law and getting in to pinching or drinking

or some other illegal activity.

but he said that's not the issue here and the problem is that the pictures were inappropriate and they are concerned in the welfare of the kids

being brought up around guns :hmm:

there was no way in winning an argument with them so, just a word of warning and learn from my mistakes.

WATCH WHAT YOU PUT ON HERE AND THE LIKES OF FACEBOOK :thumbs:

I would've thought the pics of you nude in the snow with a gun would've raised more eyebrows !! :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them to feck off!! There's nothing inappropriate about it, as long as it's all legal. tell them to arrest you and take it further. There's no charge for you to answer and just because someone wit

Time to realize the love for all things hunting is in the minority and getting smaller. Sharing what you do with the world or even family and friends isn't a good idea. If you crave pats on the back t

OOPS!!!   Better delete this one....LETHAL WEAPON...     And this one....POSSIBLE POACHING DOGS     And this one..... punishable by death...      

Have a look at this: the Masai's traditional livelihood and land at risk from 'tourism': rich people hunting lions etc. Can you imagine if we weren't allowed to hunt at all so rich foreigners could come and kill our game animals for sport?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/30/maasai-game-hunting-tanzania

Avaaz.org are doing a global petition to try and bring pressure to bear on the Tanzanian government.

Like Paulus said, social media can and does change peoples' perception on how we should live. Problem being that we hunters are in the minority. What is a way of life to us is abhorrent to most.

On a lighter note: one of my dogs caught a squirrel (purely by accident!) the other day: as I gingerly carried it from my van through the gate, carrying it by its tail: bloody thing was jumping with fleas, I belatedly noticed a plod car parked two doors up, and only then remembered that I had broken the law: :blink::laugh: Luckily they were interviewing a neighbour about a recent accident. But goes to show that what to me was something completely normal, and part of my day to day life, is now seen as a crime. But I still think that I'm better off than people who are being kicked off their land so others can hunt.

P.S. In case anyone's wondering why I wanted to keep a flea-ridden squirrel: it went straight in the freezer as ferret food: nothing, or very little, is wasted in our house.

• Like 1

Also teaches folk not to make 'friends' with every tom, dick and harry online.

You can use facebook, keep it to your 20/30 mates (if you are lucky haha) and no one will moan.

• Like 2

had a phone call of the police this morning asking for me and i said yeah that's me so he said just letting you know we're on our way down,

(bit of an arse twitchier wondering wtf's up).

they arrived and came in (arse still twitching), we've had reports that you have inappropriate pictures on your facebook profile :hmm:

so i asked what pictures and its hunting photo's of trips out with my 2 lads, holding dispatched game and the other holding my gun.

they said its a serious matter and social services could be involved if it keeps up or i refuse to remove the pics :hmm:

so i removed them but advised them the pictures were taken on permission, its not against the law and in no way were they in danger !

i also told them that id rather them be into hunting and shooting rather than braking the law and getting in to pinching or drinking

or some other illegal activity.

but he said that's not the issue here and the problem is that the pictures were inappropriate and they are concerned in the welfare of the kids

being brought up around guns :hmm:

there was no way in winning an argument with them so, just a word of warning and learn from my mistakes.

WATCH WHAT YOU PUT ON HERE AND THE LIKES OF FACEBOOK :thumbs:

I would've thought the pics of you nude in the snow with a gun would've raised more eyebrows !! :laugh:

I also remove that too lol incase they or some 1 felt inadequate after seing me in my birthday suit :D

• Like 1

You can use facebook, keep it to your 20/30 mates (if you are lucky haha) and no one will moan.

Good point there - I hear of folk with 2000 friends on fbook - fk me I don't know anything like that amount of folk - I am on FB to keep in touch with some of the lads I train with at home and abroad...think I have 30 FB friends and know them all????

Good point there - I hear of folk with 2000 friends on fbook - fk me I don't know anything like that amount of folk - I am on FB to keep in touch with some of the lads I train with at home and abroad...think I have 30 FB friends and know them all????

That's it mate, i see folk on there, with 100's of friends, most of which they have never actually met, and they are sticking photos of their dog killing charlie as their profile picture and shot. And they are surprised when their doors get put through!

That's it mate, i see folk on there, with 100's of friends, most of which they have never actually met, and they are sticking photos of their dog killing charlie as their profile picture and shot. And they are surprised when their doors get put through!

:thumbs:

Im glad my taxes are going to such a worthy cause as the police sitting on there arse looking at facebook ,ffs there might be crimes being committed but there saving me from looking at legal pictures :laugh::laugh::laugh: thank feck thats no a scottish force