Whilst the HW97 will always be my first choice rifle, the vermin has picked up around the farm mainly rats and crows / rooks, so its more of a must than a hobby, im looking for a work horse rifle that will get a few knocks being used in trucks and around the farm.

Personally i have yet to handle a PCP let alone shoot one so my knowledge is next to none, but reading reviews i like the following rifles:

BSA Ultra Multishot but will it be to small..... im 6ft 6", saying that is it the best value for money?

S400 / S410 looks like my favorite at the moment?

HW100 never seen a bad review... is it worth the extra £100s?

R10 looks great and has the best shot count?

Thats my list but as i said i have never used one of them so advice would be great!

Many thanks.

hi mate you wont go far wrong with any of the rifles you shortlisted the ultra are superguns in small proprortions but as accurate as any high end pcps, i have owned 3 hw100 and currently have an hw100kt and its a keeper for certain you could get the full length hw100, reliable as anything and built to last, my brother and a few mates have r10 and are all deadly accurate and good shot counts. value for money gotta be aa or ultra, but for me i would get the hw100 mate but your choice though try and shoulder all if you can though, ATB Aaron

• Like 1

Hi mate

I have a BSA Ultra .177 ,BSA R10 .177 and HW100KT .22 and like Aaron said value for money has got to be BSA Ultra IMO,its a fantastic accurate gun and if you have a regged one its even better.

The R10 is great to shoot as well and a lovely looking gun with about 165 shots.

HW100KT well what can I say Just the best all round gun of the three . Best silencer , two magazines , cocking is great and build quality is better than the other Two.

My shooting partner has a AA S 410 and its very good but the finish isn't that good .He also got a Daystate Huntsman once again what a lovely gun to shoot and good looking but the bolt on them is not the best.

This is IMO other people might say different ATB , Mitch

All the guns you mention will do the job very well, But my personal preference would be for the HW100, mine gets used in all weathers, takes a few knocks, but stands up to it all Brilliantly, Never had a problem with it in 4yrs.

Probably best to try the ones you like in your RFD, and feel what suits you best.