meindl boots

Guest Leveller

I've got a pair of Meindl Borneo PRO MFS and they're just about worn in now, I've had them nearly two years and worn them Ferreting, Lamping, Minkhunting, Foxhunting, Beagling etc: and they aren't showing any signs of giving up yet

there like a cross between nike air max and rebock pumps :haha::haha:

walking boots for chavs ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

These are the Burma's and I don't see any resemblance at all with Nikes' or Reebok can anybody else? :haha:

burma7112005134218.jpg

I just got a pair of lowa munrow boots, only got them last week so cant say what they are like 100%

very comfy out the box though, waterproof, non-gortex which I prefer as gortex has about as much breathabilty as a asmatic moth with lung cancer gortex might be 100% waterproof but not much good when your feetr are sweating buckets!!

I belive that lowa are accossiated with meindl too.

H&J

Edited by Hob&Jill

They're the one's Leveller :thumbs:, I read a few reviews about them and can't so far find any problem with them! I hope so mate as the Monster has now ordered me a pair, took half the day trying to find a shop with a size 8 in stock :hmm:...

Cheers

Jasper

Now on my third pair of Meindl's, had two pair of the old Borneo, an they were great boots got about 7 years out of each, went for a heavier (4 season boot) last time, can't remember their name and these seem indestructable, though I found them a little heavy for general wear, so I keep 'em for really heavy conditions. Mate of mine has the Meindl high leg hunter, he loves 'em but I find them too high for general lamping etc.

Cheers

Jasper, the Meindl Burma Pro MFS finished 5th in "Trail" walking magazine reviews in April this year. The reviewer admitted that "there's nothing really wrong here", meaning that no fault could be found, so why they ranked them only 5th best is beyond me. The price you paid was a good one. The Meindl Borneo Pro MFS don't have the gortex lining but are of just the same excellent quality. I've an oldish pair of leather Scarpa walking boots in the shed that'll be climbing a fell tomorrow and they've done me well over the years. I don't know why more fieldsports guys don't look towards the walking boot options, some of them are just made for heavy weather and are sure to last many seasons if looked after. I suppose for some it's image and the brand name. Let's face it, Chameau, Aigle or Barbour etc will mostly win over Berghaus, Raichle or Scarpa, when it comes to a fieldsportsman looking for good footwear.... but they aren't always the better choice.