ya i eat them , dogs always get them before me do, only 1 rabbit dog gets it coz they did catch it after all!! :thumbs: edited to say as said i also always spice it up ect.....

Edited by chris87

How many people out there still eats bunnies. Because a lot of my friends that go out hunting. for rabbits turn there noses up at eating them. I think if you go out and hunting rabbits you should eat them or give them to your working pets ie dogs ferrets, birds, not just go out to kill for the sake of killing and dump them. I love rabbit stew and game pie. And would like to know how many lads on here eat rabbit in this day and age thanks guys.

:laugh: That looks feckin rotten p w,what you need is a couple of carrots,some mushrooms,put it in an ovenproof dish,with your rabbit and onions,cook nice and slowly :laugh:

Good tip with rabbit

Soak it in a bucket of water overnight before cooking with it,, makes it more tender, and improved the flavour and texture.

Also helps to remove the thin membrane to.

I love rabbit such a versatile meat and able to take on a wide range of flavours from a light

elderflower sauce to a very spicey curry.

My personal favourite way to cook with rabbit is Italian,lasagne and cannelloni is bloody lovely!!!

that looks good but i just use them blue dragon red or green thai curry pastes then just add the coconut milk chillis fish sauce shallots fresh lemon grass galangal and a bit off sugar, i soak the rabbit in salt water over night and debone it all.

• 1 month later...

We make pasties and burgers from pigeons and rabbits. The rabbit loins we keep separate for stir fries and also wrap in streaky bacon and bake them with a herb pesto. Plus of course you can't beat old fashioned rabbit / game pie with whatever you have spare, or a thick rabbit and veg casserole on a winter night.

i always eat rabbit put them in thai currys, i always use what ive killed never waste a thing if i don't eat it the ferrets get it.

Just had a quick look for a recipe for that and it does look nice http://www.nutmegsseven.co.uk/2011/03/thai-rabbit-curry.html

The write up for that recipe is fecking quality... have a read...! :laugh:

• 1 month later...