Wcs Tube Trap

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A dead section? You wish... No, unfortunately this section is not dead, unlike a certain facebook page that springs to mind, Anyhow, there is constructive debate and opinion here, there is also driv

Fenns are an exellent trap, i am not saying they are not. I do have some issues with bodygripper sytle traps (this is a personal preference i suppose), but certainly would not suggest they are taken a

Don't get me wrong, great trap, but for big squirrels they could be better. This is also why I don't tend to use mk4 fenns for squizzers - had one too many perfect catch with the animal very much aliv

Yes, your right........I wouldn't use a duke, others wouldn't use a bmi but until there more specific people will always interpret things differently....

The only people whose interpretation matters are the magistrates. The only way you would find yourself in front of a magistrate is if Natural England (or the equivalent) put you there.

Having spoken to several people at NE, their interpretation is that any clone used would have to be named on the order.

Just thinking for a moment...which is the clone?

Is Duke/bellisle/etc a clone of BMI or the other way around???

The Magnum 116 is unique to the UK.

'Conibear' is the generic name given to this type of trap, after the inventor.

OTC is the member with the real knowledge of the history.

Alan Fenn famously used a statement claiming the Springers were illegal when they first came out. I've got a copy somewhere, but the orders have changed quite a bit since then.

Alan Fenn famously used a statement claiming the Springers were illegal when they first came out. I've got a copy somewhere, but the orders have changed quite a bit since then.

Yes Matt, I am aware of the conibear 'umbrella', but, pertaining to the 110's which company cloned off which??

No reason, just playing devil's advocate...

when there war in the world ,gun crime in the cities,the old who cant heat or eat at times does a trap mean anything ??.if it kills humanly then it works and at times the power behind such traps are often the like of the people who govern..now nothing :).

Edited by logun

The people I know at NE are very familiar with traps and trapping.

They may not know as much as some folks who do it day in day out, but they do know a bit. Most I've spoken to there are not against trapping or pest control, but have the unenviable task of making the whims of the legislators of the day work out in the real world.

Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't.

I'd certainly rather have them on my side than out to get me.

duke do a standard trap and a magnum trap, same frame and spring ,its just on the magnum , the kill bars touch , on a standard there can be a gap of almost an inch, for the extra couple of pence, i would buy the magnums

a 110 magnum is more than capable of killing a rabbit or mink,

Yes Matt, I am aware of the conibear 'umbrella', but, pertaining to the 110's which company cloned off which??

No reason, just playing devil's advocate...

The BMI is the approved UK trap, any other similar style trap not on the STAO will be classed as a clone. Regardless of any date a trap was released in the country it was manufactured.

Same as Fenn and Springer they are on the STAO, any other of similar build and style is classed as a clone or copy...

So which company cloned of who doesn't come into it. Its basically which one is approved and which one isn't (clone).

My tube trap was purchased from a Magnum distributor. In my opinion, it is not up to it

At first I was put off by the tube traps, one reason the cost as stated compared to other similar traps like bodygrips and fenn's.

But as a complete all in one, they are very good at what they do. The killing power I've witnessed is more than adequate.

There is a difference tween the bodygripper traps, fenns etc and the more expensive tube and kania type traps.

The latter produced for a professional who is getting paid to remove a pest.

If a customer pays me to rid a squirrel from their loft, they want it done efficiently, effectively and most importantly humanely.

They do not want and I cannot afford to have a mis-catch and the resulting hysteria that ultimately unfolds from such a situation. It needs to be clinical, which is why I will use a trap that kills every time, no messing.

I know what several folk are getting at in this thread, but I would urge them to sit back and think, are we as habitual consumers of crap, really prepared to have even more crap thrust upon us, or, shall we improve the tools of our job and be prepared to pay a little more for it?

• Like 1