Wcs Tube Trap

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A dead section? You wish... No, unfortunately this section is not dead, unlike a certain facebook page that springs to mind, Anyhow, there is constructive debate and opinion here, there is also driv

Fenns are an exellent trap, i am not saying they are not. I do have some issues with bodygripper sytle traps (this is a personal preference i suppose), but certainly would not suggest they are taken a

Don't get me wrong, great trap, but for big squirrels they could be better. This is also why I don't tend to use mk4 fenns for squizzers - had one too many perfect catch with the animal very much aliv

This is just another typical problem with other companies trying to copy, how are they allowed to get away with this! if we as pest controllers have to conform to the rule surley they must also?

Is it a proper WCS tube trap for the UK because there are several types

Its not legal to sell not a proved traps just use them there is the same with body grip traps there are many types in use in this but the only legal type is bmi the rest are illegal if you read the spring trap appoval order

Its not legal to sell not a proved traps just use them there is the same with body grip traps there are many types in use in this but the only legal type is bmi the rest are illegal if you read the spring trap appoval order

The Victor 120-2 is another type of bodygrip trap on the STAO, and there could be more soon ;)

OTC

The tube trap is indeed a useful tool to add to the armoury.

I would suggest just chucking a handful of whole maize through it for squirrels in forestry.

Don't be fooled into thinking that this is the same as the WCS tube trap available in the US - it isn't. The UK version has a stronger spring and an extra killing bar.

The one that is approved for use in the UK is only available from Magnum traps and their distributors.

I understand that Duke bodygrippers are going through the approval process, and have been for some time. Until they are through, you have the choice of BMI bodygrippers from Magnum, or the Victor 120 which Pro-Trapper used to import.