Night Vision Range Finder?

Guest scramble

just a design, to make a working model would have cost many thousands and the uk company i spoke to in depth about it wanted over a grand per model manufactruered!

which mad ein china would cost say 90£

i no nothing of your capabilities with NV gear, so please dont get offended by this, a design without a working model is nothing more than a picture/idea etc

putting something together thats actually usable is a whole different ball game. a working model wouldn't cost a great deal other than parts and labour if you have access to the right equipment. try and get something botched together and see if it works, if you need a hand with anything drop me a PM. :thumbs:

• Like 1

just a design, to make a working model would have cost many thousands and the uk company i spoke to in depth about it wanted over a grand per model manufactruered!

which mad ein china would cost say 90£

i no nothing of your capabilities with NV gear, so please dont get offended by this, a design without a working model is nothing more than a picture/idea etc

putting something together thats actually usable is a whole different ball game. a working model wouldn't cost a great deal other than parts and labour if you have access to the right equipment. try and get something botched together and see if it works, if you need a hand with anything drop me a PM. :thumbs:

if you willing to sign a confidentially agreement i'll have a chat abut it. obviously it would be 1000% better to have a working model. its very simple but very effective no nv involved. and no i'm not expert about nv anyway just good at shooting foxes with it!

• 2 weeks later...

I use my laser rangefinder at night without too much trouble.

There is normally enough light to be able to point it in the right direction and take a reading but viewing that reading is the problem, it would be nice if the display was backlit but I have not found one that is affordable with that facility. The way around that is to press the button to record the range and then by keeping the button pressed the reading is locked and held so you can point the rangefinder at something a bit brighter in the sky and then make out the distance displayed in the viewfinder.

At night it is really difficult to accurately estimate distance without a rangefinder.