What Exscuse?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had 11 running dogs in the past 35 years and more often than not have had two at a time at varying ages...once they are here, (barring fatalities which I have had) they are here for good - never

I'm 48 in July Pritch and if the next 20 years goes past as quick as the last 20 I'll be knocking 70 before I know it...scary thought...so I'm just going to enjoy it all for what it is and my dogs for

Im afraid just because the mother and father work it doesn't guarantee the failure of the offspring is automatically down to poor entering.   Why come on here slagging 20 year old "kids" who have ha

Any man who has had a number of dogs over a number of year( not a year with there first dog haha) and hasn't had any failures is either very lucky or have low standards. You decide which is you if the cap fits. I could see your points if folk thar fail dogs never had good dogs. But the fact is the folks I know that fail dogs, when they say they got a good dog that's what they have got. And they do get them just as often as failures. Why is it other stockmen wether they be greyhound men horse trainers or pigeon men can have failures but lurchermen can't?

First dog and trying to preach to the forum. This place is wierd

• Like 2

Me im 23 me im no lier and i aint guna lie im a young lad been round dogs a while but dont go sproutin my mouth off sayin been doin this and that sunce was in nappies only had 2 dogs and thts cos my 1st went blind in his 3rd season so just stuck with lads i go with. helped with ther dogs till i got new pup im no expert aneither i come on hear really to look and like to listen to the older and more wiser and experienced lads hopefully like yourself pick up new ideas and diffrent ways about things with my dog soory dont want to start no massive bitchin argue ment i was been genuine that this is a good thread mate

.im not trying to preach to any f****r....im just saying that theres alot of dogs passed around, one of the boys that i mentioned, took 8 month pup out on lamp, slipped it, and it turned round and jumped at his hand. he got rid? cos it wasnt keen ? its a joke. then you got two men on here that have supposedly had dogs most their ife, telling me im in the wrong, yet you openly admit on the other forum that youve had loads of failed dogs? yet this is my first and shes doing ok...? lol just because its my first dog your making out it should instantly fail , or i have low standards?

Me im 23 me im no lier and i aint guna lie im a young lad been round dogs a while but dont go sproutin my mouth off sayin been doin this and that sunce was in nappies only had 2 dogs and thts cos my 1st went blind in his 3rd season so just stuck with lads i go with. helped with ther dogs till i got new pup im no expert aneither i come on hear really to look and like to listen to the older and more wiser and experienced lads hopefully like yourself pick up new ideas and diffrent ways about things with my dog soory dont want to start no massive bitchin argue ment i was been genuine that this is a good thread mate

if i were you i wouldnt of bothered coming on this site. full of tossers whos dogs are always better, and people who know better than you. iv knocked alot of dog groups on the head. im trying to find out how to disable my account on here. had a f**k full with knob heads saying they do this and that, and then tell me to get out in field with my dog etc, how the f**k do they know i dont? lol idiots like i said. good luck with it mate, im off.

Listen and learn no one was born an expert, and not many end up 1 I can't see ill get there! there's always some one with more or different knowledge to you.

So your 23, a lot of dogs that are tested to the full are owned by young men who take risks and do what they need to do to gain experience for themselves a d there dogs.

Keep at it, cheaper than the pub on a fri and sat night!

• Like 3

.im not trying to preach to any f****r....im just saying that theres alot of dogs passed around, one of the boys that i mentioned, took 8 month pup out on lamp, slipped it, and it turned round and jumped at his hand. he got rid? cos it wasnt keen ? its a joke. then you got two men on here that have supposedly had dogs most their ife, telling me im in the wrong, yet you openly admit on the other forum that youve had loads of failed dogs? yet this is my first and shes doing ok...? lol just because its my first dog your making out it should instantly fail , or i have low standards?

And we are all entitled to an opinion...that's what makes it a forum... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Very easy for a person with no prior knowledge of dogs or the countryside to buy a ready to run lurcher,go walking round the fields chasing anything that moves,run the poor dog until it's close to heart failure,threaten any farmer/landowner that comes near them,then decides the dog is shit and so is hunting,is it any wonder the genuine dog men/women get tarred with the same brush,Good post BORDERSCOT i've had 6 dogs in 20 years

• Like 2

if i were you i wouldnt of bothered coming on this site. full of tossers whos dogs are always better, and people who know better than you. iv knocked alot of dog groups on the head. im trying to find out how to disable my account on here. had a f**k full with knob heads saying they do this and that, and then tell me to get out in field with my dog etc, how the f**k do they know i dont? lol idiots like i said. good luck with it mate, im off.

you spat your dummy out

Cheers mate for that it just feels like everyones wanting to bite each others heads off

end of the season lol

Edited by nothernlite

I've had 11 running dogs in the past 35 years and more often than not have had two at a time at varying ages...once they are here, (barring fatalities which I have had) they are here for good - never had something I couldn't work with...some were f*****g fantastic dogs, some were good honest curs and one or two made serviceable lurchers - all have put food on the table and all have provided me with hours of dodgy and honest adventure, mischief, fun, highs and lows, heartache and lifelong memories... :thumbs: And apart from a wee yapping beddy x whipp x collie x grey bitch I had when I was young I have never had to rehome anything - ever... :yes:

I've learned to live with their faults and foibles and have embraced their strengths and weaknesses as they have with me...I've tried to instill the same ethos into my lad...hopefully he'll make a serviceable dogman one day... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Too easy an option to 'get shot' at the first hurdle...get another, then another...and so on...I know some who'll go through 3-4 in a season declaring that they are all shit - personally, I'm not buying that...not saying there are no useless/shit dogs out there but if you consistently have shit dogs in your yard and go through 4,5,6,7,8 every season...the fault is clearly with the human...

Just my opinion as I see it...

Up to now it's been fun...long may it all continue... :thumbs: atb Colin.

good post,but the last line sticks out to me as that is why

i do it for fun i enjoy it. it ain't a contest i may or may not

have good dogs but if i'm out enjoyin myself it's all good

& while like anyone else i like to get a few it ain't a

necessity & it's a good job round here lol but that don't

make the dogs any better or worse than anyone else's

& as you say long may it continue

• Like 1