Pro Sport Or Hw97K

well what a difference a few weeks in thailand make ha ha! be interested to know of the fall from grace of the pro in mawders eyes?? i v-mached mine from word go, the trigger mech was a tad rough but i polished it all up an rebuilt it lush. look forward to the review! still keeping ne eyes peeled for a s/h hw77 just need to rebuild cash stocks.

Would a custom walnut thumbhole .22 77 be of interest?

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a left hander, this Pro sport talk is a bit like finding yourself at a lesbian orgy. Great to look, but no real chance of having a proper go.

My 97 was £370 out of the box, and the syn & nickel version too!   Me thinks I will have to get a prosport to, then I will have all three!   Mu hu hu! Mu hu hu!! Mu hu hu !!!

A man after my own heart here. Each to his own but synthetics and cammo are not my personal taste. Give me fine grained woods and slim, traditional sporting stocks like Bavarian and Tyrolean every tim

i dont like thumb holes and 177 is my calibre of choice these days! coupled with having spent all my money the answer would have to be no. thanks anyway. the 77 is on the to do list but at a later date.,

i dont like thumb holes and 177 is my calibre of choice these days! coupled with having spent all my money the answer would have to be no. thanks anyway. the 77 is on the to do list but at a later date.,

You're like me in that respect, if she were .177 she would be a keeper for me.

I like thumbhole stocks. What don't you like about them, thumb position?

That said, not all are good for me owing to my rather short digits.

i just like a more traditional stock i dont like camo or synthetic either.

A man after my own heart lol! This KT I purchased is my first dabble into thumbhole not out of choice, however now I've handled and shot her I'm glad I got it. Don't know whether its hw or all manufacturers but they really have nailed the thumbhole design, it just feels so right!

I wouldn't rule it out completely fry is my advice.

Interesting thread.... :blink:

As for gun choice to the OP. It's totally down to you and which gun feels 'right' in your own hands. They're both about as good as you can get. As has already been said, have a look at the TX too and also the Diana side levers if you get the chance. They make some very under rated rifles that may sway your choice.

As for stocks, once again it's how the things feels to you. I tried Pianoman's 97kt and for me it was totally wrong. The pistol grip was way too small and set at too steep an angle. Simon also had the same problem and changed to the normal stock..

Peace and love be with you all, Bros :victory:

• Like 3

A man after my own heart lol! This KT I purchased is my first dabble into thumbhole not out of choice, however now I've handled and shot her I'm glad I got it. Don't know whether its hw or all manufacturers but they really have nailed the thumbhole design, it just feels so right!

I wouldn't rule it out completely fry is my advice.

GET A FEW PICS ON THEN !!! :D:D:D

A man after my own heart here. Each to his own but synthetics and cammo are not my personal taste. Give me fine grained woods and slim, traditional sporting stocks like Bavarian and Tyrolean every time.

It's what I'm used to Fry. I like the KT stock in principle, it's got a lovely handling fore-end but the rake of its pistol grip is too steep. But, thanks to Elliott's kindness in giving me his Mk.I HW77 stock and after a bit of judicious filing and sanding a left-handed palmswell out of the right-handed stock, I have the near perfect traditional Bavarian sporter stock and shallow-swept grip I love for my HW97 action.

I'm just waiting for Tony Wall to get the new Piston head from Weihrauch and send up my kit and Andy can work his magic. I can't wait to take it out for a thorough range session.

Best wishes.

Simon

• Like 3

yeah i want a rifle not a modern art sculpture! i like the speakers on me sounds to be a bit understated looking an all wood cabs black fronts dont want chrome grills with flared exhaust pipes sticking out the sides ha ha. still waiting for the review mawders! i am wondering if one of the negatives against the pro is the black pin on the under leaver that seems to have nothing to keep it central apart from the will of god and the gold trigger looks a bit taj mahal indian resteraunt from 1979 ha ha.

Edited by fry
  • Like 2

Hey fry, its not so much a review really, its my experiences over the past 3 months. Started it last night its going to be long so make a coffee when you read it, most won't have the will to keep reading lol. It's turning into a war and peace article. I'll hope to have it done tonight or tomorrow. I hope there isn't a word limit to posts or I'm screwed lol!

• Like 2

left handed so the hw for me .shot the prosport,i even bought one,and got good accuracy even though its a right handed stock.bit awkward to use for quick hunting scenario.best looking guns the aa springers in my opinion but nothing beats my hw97k .177 and .22,proper guns for proper purposes.going to get buried with mine.luv em.