Pro Sport Or Hw97K

Hopefully after this weekend I'll be in a position to put the post up, its worth waiting for. It will open a few eyes. It won't all be negative but constructive from someone who has had his fingers in many manufacturers pies just recently. Anyone thinking of purchasing a pro sport this weekend might want to wait.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a left hander, this Pro sport talk is a bit like finding yourself at a lesbian orgy. Great to look, but no real chance of having a proper go.

My 97 was £370 out of the box, and the syn & nickel version too!   Me thinks I will have to get a prosport to, then I will have all three!   Mu hu hu! Mu hu hu!! Mu hu hu !!!

A man after my own heart here. Each to his own but synthetics and cammo are not my personal taste. Give me fine grained woods and slim, traditional sporting stocks like Bavarian and Tyrolean every tim

Ah that will be the kicker as it won't all be negative chum, I have alot of praise for them I can assure any would be buyer. The posts from users that have them on here are evidence of one of the finest rifles ever made, all will become clear.

Ah that will be the kicker as it won't all be negative chum, I have alot of praise for them I can assure any would be buyer. The posts from users that have them on here are evidence of one of the finest rifles ever made, all will become clear.

got me wondering aswell, cant wait to read your in depth veiws on this rifle, and what happened between it and you,.

everyone else seemes happy with theirs?!

although i did read on another forum about someone who tuned one and it was an ok rifle to begin with, but he still did loads of work to get it bang on. so i guess there not all perfect from the factory, similar to the whole new weihrauch quality thing recently..?

im the sort of guy whos bought a 97 had a quick go with some wire wool and new grease and its good enough for me.

wheras some people want to do loads to their rifle to make it amazing, good for them if they want to do it.

then theres other people who just buy a gun and if it shoots straight then they just leave them aloe. fair play to them aswell.

Hopefully after this weekend I'll be in a position to put the post up, its worth waiting for. It will open a few eyes. It won't all be negative but constructive from someone who has had his fingers in many manufacturers pies just recently. Anyone thinking of purchasing a pro sport this weekend might want to wait.

I expect anyone going to purchase a PS this weekend will have done quite some research already and hardly likely to be put off by a single review whatever its content.

I expect anyone going to purchase a PS this weekend will have done quite some research already and hardly likely to be put off by a single review whatever its content.

I agree that such a large outlay would generally be carefully explored and thought through, it does sound like Mawders has something of note to add. He's a meticulous chap and writes well, we should get some 'glamour' pics too!

I'm salivating!

Mr stink that's very true! Thanks for that.

Elliott and Skott they are awesome rifles when they work and if I had one airgun wish right now it would be to have my pro sport back in fully working order but it won't happen. I'll explain why when I write the thread. I still want one that's how good they are, looks and accuracy I couldn't fault it one bit! It was what was going on under the bonnet that concerned me.

I would be more excited about their review than I would with my old tripe mate I can assure you! Ha ha. It's nothing secret or breath taking just wanna detail my saga to you all for the past two months. There will be alot of positives come out of it down to three people that restored my faith.

Back to the HW/PS discussion. Having owned many new TX's and numerous HW's of all sorts I can't ever remember having a rogue one and certainly not one that needed tuning to make it half decent. I did go the Tony Wall route on a 97 and nice it was too. The one thing that would put me off any manufacturer is the after sales support. If I ever felt that the support was less than very good that alone would put me off that manufacturer completely. In 40 years of airgunning I never had to send a rifle back.