Pro Sport Or Hw97K

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a left hander, this Pro sport talk is a bit like finding yourself at a lesbian orgy. Great to look, but no real chance of having a proper go.

My 97 was £370 out of the box, and the syn & nickel version too!   Me thinks I will have to get a prosport to, then I will have all three!   Mu hu hu! Mu hu hu!! Mu hu hu !!!

A man after my own heart here. Each to his own but synthetics and cammo are not my personal taste. Give me fine grained woods and slim, traditional sporting stocks like Bavarian and Tyrolean every tim

heres the prices from the blackpool air rifles website.

HW 97 kt beech - £429.95

HW 77/97 k beech - £357.00

HW 97 kt syn, blued - £345.95

HW 97 kt syn, nickel - £374.95

AA TX200 mk3 beech - £375.00

AA TX200 mk3 walnut - £435.00 (+ £25.00 for lefthand)

AA TX200 HC beech - £375.00

AA TX200 HC walnut - £435.00 (+ £25.00 for lefthand)

AA prosport beech - £465.00

AA prosport walnut - £499.00

Some of those prices seem high skot? What are your sources (im on the mobile so thanks for looking and posting those)

www.airgunbuyer.com

its blackpool air rifles website.

those prices were correct at the time i posted my post.

obviously if you shop around you could find different prices for different models of rifles.

that was just a direct comparison of blackpools prices.

Some of those prices seem high skot? What are your sources (im on the mobile so thanks for looking and posting those)

www.airgunbuyer.com

its blackpool air rifles website.

those prices were correct at the time i posted my post.

obviously if you shop around you could find different prices for different models of rifles.

that was just a direct comparison of blackpools prices.

Much appreciated Skot.

I don't feel i was far out really Si, and whilst the "overpriced" comment was a poorly expressed opinion rather than fact, I will endeavour to attach sources to similar posts in future to avoid upset.

I'll also try buttering tony wall up. You never know i might reap rewards on rrps!

Hi Barry the HW97KT can be decocked if the bear trap plate is removed which takes 5 minutes to do.

Tony Wall as done mine and Davys new tuned Hw97kt.

Makes life easier for the shooter.

If my 97 come apart I will do that then .but if I improve my 97 any more none of my other guns will get a look in.

• Like 1

Hi Barry the HW97KT can be decocked if the bear trap plate is removed which takes 5 minutes to do.

Tony Wall as done mine and Davys new tuned Hw97kt.

Makes life easier for the shooter.

If my 97 come apart I will do that then .but if I improve my 97 any more none of my other guns will get a look in.

sod the other guns, all you need is a 97 :D hehee

for me to get a tx (im a lefthander) would be £25 more than i paid for my 97kt, and a prosport, with a custom stock to compensate my lefthanded shooting would be another few hundred quid aswell... looks like im sticking with my good old 97 then :)

maybe one day i will get a left handed tx200 .. or maybe not. still, my hw97kt is all i need and i love it to bits so dont really need anything else :)

• Like 1

Having owned a tx200 mk3 hc, two air arms prosports, a hw95K and having used various people's tuned and untuned 97's MY money will always go to HW!

My experiences with the pro sport are nothing but disappointing and far to in depth to go into on this post, one day soon as promised I'll write a new topic on it for those that are interested.

The tx200 is a nice rifle but nothing special and if its just a bog standard rifle you want to be used now and again that will do the job then brilliant, go for one of them!

The HW's though in my opinion are just awesome rifles no matter what model you go for. Far more choice in the springer collection catering for everyone's needs. BUT if you choose to tune one by any of the leading tuners out there it transforms into a completely different rifle altogether! It will rival any soulless pcp going and my recent results with using a tuned 97KT showed its not even possible to beat it on accuracy using a £1000 plus pcp.

Everyone has their own opinion on the matter, what guns best, ultimately just go try on or shoulder them, then you will know what's for you or not! Sometimes the rifle that suits you best isn't the most beautiful but what's the point in looks when it doesn't perform very well? (Prosport) yeah I'm looking at you!

Mawders

• Like 2

i sold my 97k 177 to buy my prosport in 177 ,the 97k is a lovely gun i only sold mine as of the weigh as ive got a shoulder injury,the pro sport has got better handling then the 97k and i find it is a better gun for hunting straight out the box,the 97k i had to have extra work done to it which made it a more expensive gun

i sold my 97k 177 to buy my prosport in 177 ,the 97k is a lovely gun i only sold mine as of the weigh as ive got a shoulder injury,the pro sport has got better handling then the 97k and i find it is a better gun for hunting straight out the box,the 97k i had to have extra work done to it which made it a more expensive gun

So a tuned 97kt is untampered new prosport money...moot point though with Mawders' experience.

My feeling is, for the money, Tony Wall shouldn't really be able to do much to them. As Mr Wall is quoted as saying is the case with tx/prosport.

Hence my verdict, HWs new, are overpriced.

Having owned a tx200 mk3 hc, two air arms prosports, a hw95K and having used various people's tuned and untuned 97's MY money will always go to HW!

My experiences with the pro sport are nothing but disappointing and far to in depth to go into on this post, one day soon as promised I'll write a new topic on it for those that are interested.

The tx200 is a nice rifle but nothing special and if its just a bog standard rifle you want to be used now and again that will do the job then brilliant, go for one of them!

The HW's though in my opinion are just awesome rifles no matter what model you go for. Far more choice in the springer collection catering for everyone's needs. BUT if you choose to tune one by any of the leading tuners out there it transforms into a completely different rifle altogether! It will rival any soulless pcp going and my recent results with using a tuned 97KT showed its not even possible to beat it on accuracy using a £1000 plus pcp.

Everyone has their own opinion on the matter, what guns best, ultimately just go try on or shoulder them, then you will know what's for you or not! Sometimes the rifle that suits you best isn't the most beautiful but what's the point in looks when it doesn't perform very well? (Prosport) yeah I'm looking at you!

Mawders

get that pro sport review/experience written lad. sure there are plenty interested

• Like 1

Mawders

get that pro sport review/experience written lad. sure there are plenty interested

Here, here.

Great post Mawders.