Cockapoo Working Dog ???

Does anyone know of any working cockapoos I am a new member and have a cockapoo 7 month old, it wasn't bought as a working dog more of a family pet really although it is doing fairly well without me trying too hard when i take the dog out if only maybe a little small as yet, both parents were gun dogs, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any dogs of the same type working well in a shooting environment .

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put the time in mate, there is no reason it shouldnt work well for you.   Think i would just call it a Cocker X if i were you

No mate 1st generation cross mother is cocker father was poodle which is actually a proper gun dog for bringing in game from water thats what they were bred for in america all those years ago   of

Tell all the doubters to f**k off mate i have an 8 year old labradoodle (The dog in my avatar) who is a pleasure to work and he has pissed off a few gundog men as he is a very good dog. starts in augu

Posted Images

Nothing wrong with a cockapoo...wouldn't have one myself as they seem to be the 'in' thing with all the muppets who charge stupid prices, but they'll surely work well out in the field :thumbs:

• Like 1

cheers for the positive feedback rather than the abuse i got from some other nugget and yes cocker x will do from now on

Put the time in mate, there is no reason it shouldnt work well for you.

Think i would just call it a Cocker X if i were you :icon_redface:

Put the time in mate, there is no reason it shouldnt work well for you.

Think i would just call it a Cocker X if i were you :icon_redface:

Just out of curiosity mate...is it a 2nd x as you said both parents were working? Can't imagine a poodle gundog :thumbs:

That's exactly what I meant when I asked if both parents were working. And if the OP aiming the nugget comment at me, I've got one ( or should i say the missus has) and like i stated you should be able to train to use in the field if you can handle the banter you'll get

Just out of curiosity mate...is it a 2nd x as you said both parents were working? Can't imagine a poodle gundog :thumbs:

No mate 1st generation cross mother is cocker father was poodle which is actually a proper gun dog for bringing in game from water thats what they were bred for in america all those years ago

official term is american water gun dog mate very big over in the states so forget the big white fluffy things most people see as a poodle it was bred to retrieve

• Like 2

No mate 1st generation cross mother is cocker father was poodle which is actually a proper gun dog for bringing in game from water thats what they were bred for in america all those years ago

official term is american water gun dog mate very big over in the states so forget the big white fluffy things most people see as a poodle it was bred to retrieve

Ok mate...didn't know that :thumbs:

Tell all the doubters to f**k off mate i have an 8 year old labradoodle (The dog in my avatar) who is a pleasure to work and he has pissed off a few gundog men as he is a very good dog. starts in august on the moor and finishes 1st of feb on our rough shoot, he isnt perfect as im not a brilliant trainer but he works hard and is an honest dog.

his mother was a working lab his dad was a white standard poodle.

Bob is a very powerful dog he can jump the moon and work all day in any weather and he enjoys a cuddle and has the beaters shed in kinks of laughter as our lass has taught him all sorts of daft tricks.

I have spoken to a spaniel lad in Durham who has bred a few cocker poos and has kept 2 back for work he rates them so just get the bond with your dog and put the work in

• Like 2