Cockapoo Working Dog ???

Yeah true but i don't like the size of the labs I've been looking at there all like whippets i thought why waste 600 on a stud fee when i know i want like the pup when i could use a good strong standard poodle for free

Unless you thought of breeding them to keep 1 back for work and sell the others for £600+ as you dont need to paper them up and have no hassel of hip scores or eye tests.not having a go mate but thats what a lot of people are doing and they are selling for more than pure breds.

Edited by lurchers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put the time in mate, there is no reason it shouldnt work well for you.   Think i would just call it a Cocker X if i were you

No mate 1st generation cross mother is cocker father was poodle which is actually a proper gun dog for bringing in game from water thats what they were bred for in america all those years ago   of

Tell all the doubters to f**k off mate i have an 8 year old labradoodle (The dog in my avatar) who is a pleasure to work and he has pissed off a few gundog men as he is a very good dog. starts in augu

Posted Images

Dont get what you mean if you read the first post ive bred her to keep one thats why ive bred her and why people think labradoodles sell better than a well bred lab is beonde coz a well bred lab will be from 600 800 and a first cross labradoodle will be owt from 300 to 600 so if i wantec to makeoney id of put her to the top stud dog there is any way i dont know if she can have puts yet shes 5 and ive never bred from her

Dont get what you mean if you read the first post ive bred her to keep one thats why ive bred her and why people think labradoodles sell better than a well bred lab is beonde coz a well bred lab will be from 600 800 and a first cross labradoodle will be owt from 300 to 600 so if i wantec to makeoney id of put her to the top stud dog there is any way i dont know if she can have puts yet shes 5 and ive never bred from her

Ive never said you bred for money i said some people because of the prices they are going for.labradoodles must be crap down your way as they never sell for under £600 if you look up here and thats what pees me off when crossbreds are going for more than oure breds for this culture crap.i said in my post that i wasnt having a go idiot before you start shouting ya mouth off.but thats whats things have come to with these breeds of dogs as theres no kc dock tails or anything but easy money.

• 1 year later...

Just out of curiosity mate...is it a 2nd x as you said both parents were working? Can't imagine a poodle gundog :thumbs:

No mate 1st generation cross mother is cocker father was poodle which is actually a proper gun dog for bringing in game from water thats what they were bred for in america all those years ago

official term is american water gun dog mate very big over in the states so forget the big white fluffy things most people see as a poodle it was bred to retrieve

Poodles come from Germany, originally water retrievers, I have heard the goofy haircuts are an exaggeration of working cuts to keep the joints warm in cold water.

Poodles were used to create puddle pointers (spelled wrong, I bet)

As long as the cockapoo thinks flushing and retrieving game is fun you may have a working dog. It may never be the best working dog, but it may be best for you.