BULL GREYHOUND

Guest elstudro1986

both me and the guy i go out with have 1st crosses and they are single handed dogs yt retrieve a coneylive!

alright jonny left you a pm mate my bull cross retrieves them alive also hes better on rabbit then my whippet/grey/collie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest elstudro1986
Did you not think about asking this before getting your dog? I'd spent months reading about all sorts of dogs in the threads from the experienced members on here and narrowed it down to two breeds, one was the bullX and I have now Lily, confident, that with the input, she'll cover everything I'll ever hunt.

Your question reminds me of the ongoing "Airgunners" debate............., .177 or .22, horses for courses, I use both to cover all and if I ever thought that Lily lacked in the smaller calibre, then I'd have an extra addition to the pack.

Al :drink:

yes i did look in too it and i said in very first post i only wanted the dog for charliebut out of interest was wondering what else they are able to take

all the best mick

Well Mick, in my limited time with the breed, I think they will take what you want them to take. I spend hours with my mutts and like to think that what you put in, you get back. The look of shock/horror I get from folk who see me rolling on the floor with my dogs always makes me laugh. I do not like them to jump up for attention, so I get down to their level and let them get on with it.

A nice sight last week, was Graf, our male Rottie tumbling Lily on the yard, other dogs would have been dead, but at the end of the day, Lily is here to stay and the others have to adjust or see me about it.

Maybe I have been lucky with Lily, she has learned very quickly and I can't wait to work her, but the one thing I know is that she will enjoy her puppyhood and won't realise what she is being taught by me through the other dogs.

Al :drink:

• 1 month later...
NOW obviously i am a novice and i purchased my bullyx for charlie as there are a few kicking around here but without sounding like an amature what else they good for just i was thinking are they too big for bunnies, but possibly ok for hares etc etc

my dogs fathet was a first cross bullxgrey standing around 26 1/2" tts and the bitch was also a first cross standing around 23" so i presume mine is going to make the 23-24 mark he is only 13 weeks but is already just over 15"

regards mick

More like a bull shiter!

my mate used to have a pure pit bull and it used to slaughter rabbits on the lamp at least 10 a night , jump 5 bar gates on the run and fences , do fox ,deer etc on its own...it was a freak of a dog considering it was a pure pit bull, shame he never got to cross it with something decent