Recent Ns50 Purchase

Hello,

I'm new to these forums but stumbled across them when looking for some advice.

I recently bought the NS50 from Nitesite. I've had it out on a night a few times now trying everything i can think of but can only seem to see around 10 meters clearly!

I have an Air Arms S410 with a Hawke Reflex 4-12 x 50 scope. If i aim the rifle up parallel to the field the screen just seems to go very dark and the crosshair disappears. Its almost impossible to make anything out. If aimed at a light it does appear on the screen but that is it, nothing else.

When the camera unit is taken off the scope it does display a clear image of the field though. Which is making me think it might not be compatible with my setup (scope or gun) however after contacting Nitesite they asked if my gun had a Moderator as this can cause flare so cover it with black meterial. My gun has a silencer which is already black and the videos i've watched seem to have similar setups but can see a LOT further than this.

Any help is appreciated!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah got my pay cheque from NS this morning come through. Are you my postman Scramble? How did you know I get paid £400 a month to mislead not so wise people as you?

As I said Scramble.   When my integrity is questioned, not the kit its self I will have a say just as you do on alot if NV topics mate.

Flippen ek, this is getting a bit wild, I run the NS200, on rimfires and Centrefires with longer barrels and bigger mods on than most of you guys and don't have any issue with Flare.   I am not sugg

sounds like there not enough illuminasion.

check list,

1.turn your scope down to the least mag

2.turn the four stage illuminator up and down (four stage)

3.try it on another scope.

beyond that i dont know, i dont have one..sy.

The first one I bought was faulty so maybe yours is too.

Mine is clear up to 50 meters an show eye shine up to 60 70 meters after that it goes black. But it's very very hard to judge distance at night, are you positive about the distance you can only see to?

Do a search for Si Pitaway on YouTube he has a guide to using one on there very informative.

Keith

seems your geting whatt i am with the ns 200. i got mine on a rapid fac . when the silencer is on, the picture is really bad . if i remove it i get picture out to 70- 80 yds clear image . it seems to me if your gun has a long barrel like mine then your going to have to lift the unit up, as the ir is bouncing of it.im going to make a bracket to lift the unit as it seems this is the only answer to the problem. when i get the recording lead i will show you what i mean.

Is this why si has done that to his ns200 ? but i thought he said on his video it was so he could see the screen better so which is the truth then. If some thing is not quit wright the things they are testing i just wish they would tell you, we the shooters are spending our hard earned cash on these things so i think we deserve the truth because it is to late once you have got them

Pink,

Dont jump to negative conclusions so quick.

As I said getting the screen higher up and more forward helps me shoot the rifle better from the sitting position off my bipod while reducing any ir flare if your silencer and barrel is really long.

I have stated that many many times.

If you are getting ir flare try using a sun shade.

Team wild dont raise their NS unit up as many many other users dont either.

Si.

Pink,

Dont jump to negative conclusions so quick.

As I said getting the screen higher up and more forward helps me shoot the rifle better from the sitting position off my bipod while reducing any ir flare if your silencer and barrel is really long.

I have stated that many many times.

If you are getting ir flare try using a sun shade.

Team wild dont raise their NS unit up as many many other users dont either.

Si.

si get off your high horse all i said was is that way you had done it that way, you have never said it was to reducs ir flare so way every time the ns comes into it you come in like a mad dog have you got some thing to do with it because it looks that way

Not on a high horse Pink.

Its called having my say when someone is questioning my integrity. If you weren't unintentionally the way your comment reads it does seem you are im afraid.

Many people have asked ref the raising of the NS units both in person and via pm. Some even wanting a how to put together video of it and ive mentioned all the pros and cons to them.

Nite Site themselves even were telling customers at the BSS the pros and cons.

Nothing to hide.

Enough said.

Not on a high horse Pink.

Its called having my say when someone is questioning my integrity. If you weren't unintentionally the way your comment reads it does seem you are im afraid.

Many people have asked ref the raising of the NS units both in person and via pm. Some even wanting a how to put together video of it and ive mentioned all the pros and cons to them.

Nite Site themselves even were telling customers at the BSS the pros and cons.

Nothing to hide.

Enough said.

Ok then si if thats is so way do they not come like that then, si do not get me wrong i think you and davey make good videos end of