Recent Ns50 Purchase

What the F**k how has this thread gone from one of our own a shooter asking for help, as a new NiteSite owner. At the start we as forum members started giving help, with one member asking "is that why Si did this" then another putting his point by saying "if they knew this was a problem why sell".

From there on it has fallen into a mud slinging contest. Sure Si and Davy are sponsored by NiteSite and with that they get some privilege from the company. The company recognise that they both know what they are talking about and have some very impressive viewing numbers, so for the small outlay of ins Si's words "loan" them a NiteSite 200. Neither Si or Davy are on commission from NiteSite I would of thought for the simple reason that NiteSite have no way of accounting for sales from them.

There are other companies who have sponsored other shooters, now whether it was the shooters who approached the company or the other way round. The one thing for certain is that if it was not of a help to the company then the company would not have gone for the idea.

If I can make a suggestion for the future, if we do not want or expect members to reply then don't use their name or even imply who. We all have people in our worlds that we listen too and or even ask for their opinion. So if I want help or their opinion I will either talk to them or if not that then I will personally message them. The friends who I care about their opinion on matters are a small number and most know that they are special to me.

Hi PC ,alot of common sense in your post,

certain people need to get their facts right before making statements about peoples integrity, Si And Davy go out of there way to help fellow shooters and the contribution

to airgunning these two have made is much appreciated by most of us

Keyboard warriors are a real yawn, i reccmend to others both the nite site and nite-eye

products and use both of these myself if i can help someone with any problems or info

thats what i am on these forums for also to learn from others not to be a keyboard warrior

which is rather pointless IMO.

regards Brian

Edited by bunnyman
  • Like 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah got my pay cheque from NS this morning come through. Are you my postman Scramble? How did you know I get paid £400 a month to mislead not so wise people as you?

As I said Scramble.   When my integrity is questioned, not the kit its self I will have a say just as you do on alot if NV topics mate.

Flippen ek, this is getting a bit wild, I run the NS200, on rimfires and Centrefires with longer barrels and bigger mods on than most of you guys and don't have any issue with Flare.   I am not sugg

Ghee thank you Brian aka Bunnyman it is a nice surprise to have someone agree with my postings.

Following on from my earlier post. The NiteSite unit is made to fix on to the scope in a particular way, with the kit that NiteSite supply. Well your first choice is where on the scope, do you mount it forward or behind the scopes turrets. NiteSite leave that to the operator. Everybody from the outset has had ideas on how to personalize the kit for them, this is no different to Si and Davy. Now I own a NiteSite NS50 and from day one I have not been happy with the shooting position, but could not think of a way to make it better. Now needing glasses for both close and distance normally I use bi-focal, for normal daylight shooting I go without glasses. This means that I use my scope as a spotting scope for distance shooting. When I use the NiteSite with the original fitting it is in the wrong angle and too close. Well seeing what Si has done with their unit I bought a aluminium tube to copy his idea, in the same way as I have copied Marky's idea over the fishing clamp on the scope magnification.

So what Si has done is to make his kit more comfortable the same way as lots of other shooters. Do people not use different height scope mounts, adjustable butts. Just because we change things doesn't always mean the original was faulty, so think before slagging people off because you make yourself look stupid.

Ghee thank you Brian aka Bunnyman it is a nice surprise to have someone agree with my postings.

Following on from my earlier post. The NiteSite unit is made to fix on to the scope in a particular way, with the kit that NiteSite supply. Well your first choice is where on the scope, do you mount it forward or behind the scopes turrets. NiteSite leave that to the operator. Everybody from the outset has had ideas on how to personalize the kit for them, this is no different to Si and Davy. Now I own a NiteSite NS50 and from day one I have not been happy with the shooting position, but could not think of a way to make it better. Now needing glasses for both close and distance normally I use bi-focal, for normal daylight shooting I go without glasses. This means that I use my scope as a spotting scope for distance shooting. When I use the NiteSite with the original fitting it is in the wrong angle and too close. Well seeing what Si has done with their unit I bought a aluminium tube to copy his idea, in the same way as I have copied Marky's idea over the fishing clamp on the scope magnification.

So what Si has done is to make his kit more comfortable the same way as lots of other shooters. Do people not use different height scope mounts, adjustable butts. Just because we change things doesn't always mean the original was faulty, so think before slagging people off because you make yourself look stupid.

no one was slagging anyone and the point was about flare off the mod if you put it on a full bore with a T8 you, can see jack shit, and said to si it was not a dig at him or davey so why come in like this . This is what is wrong with forums like this if some one says somthing you come in like a pack of dogs

Hi Roger i was omongst the first owners of the ns200 and carried out several mods to the unit

including using the cobra /merlin dsa and putting gel sheet on the screen to cut down the glare

and changing the battery to a lithium one such info should be passed onto fellow users and the manufacurers, nite site welcomes cobstructive criticisms as a means to improve the product

Si on his youtube channel has made some very useful tips on how to use the ns200 to its full advantage

and such info is very helpful is very helpful to us all , Si ,s Vermin Hunters Tv

and Malc Barnards country Pursuits TV channels are both entertaining and provide lots of useful info

thanks to all concerned.

atb brian

no one was slagging anyone and the point was about flare off the mod if you put it on a full bore with a T8 you, can see jack shit, and said to si it was not a dig at him or davey so why come in like this . This is what is wrong with forums like this if some one says somthing you come in like a pack of dogs

I'm not getting into an argument with anyone here but staggering generalisations and exaggeration are going on.

That one above, it may on yours but it will depend on the type and length of barrel, scope type/tube, mounts, where you fix the NS on the scope, etc etc. I run the NS 200 which has more powerful illuminators than the NS50 so in theory it should be the worst. I have historically had all sorts of issues with various Lamping kits and solved the problems, for whatever reason my NS works fine on all my rifles. I also run P8 Compacts on my centrefires which have a shorter rear reach than the T8 and are therefore more likely to catch light than a T8.

Where are all the threads complaining about all the Lamping kit manufacturers?

Strange as it may seem to many this is "generally" caused by the moderator, and despite some perception, many air rifles, rimfires and centrefires are NOT fitted with moderators so bang goes a previous claim of a problem for 99% of owners!

Lets just keep it in perspective! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker
Guest scramble

Being a Dealer for NS deker maybe its you thats a little blinkered here???? re-read my post i said "99% of users with a large moderator" i also said you get this with most units weather they're commercial or homemade. of course there's loads of variables to take into consideration and as you (plus thousands of others) had these problems with lamping kits my guess is you've done your homework many moons ago to stop this happening. :thumbs:

Edited by scramble

Being a Dealer for NS deker maybe its you thats a little blinkered here???? re-read my post i said "99% of users with a large moderator" i also said you get this with most units weather they're commercial or homemade. of course there's loads of variables to take into consideration and as you (plus thousands of others) had these problems with lamping kits my guess is you've done your homework many moons ago to stop this happening. :thumbs:

Ha Ha, yeah, being a dealer makes it work, that's your answer then, everyone apply to be a dealer and the problem will disappear! :D:D:thumbs:

Edit, Yeah I re-read it and maybe I didn't take in some of what you qualified :no::thumbs: , I still struggle with 99%, short barrels, big scopes, NS set back etc, I can't believe 99% have that issue upfront.

I did also qualify my answers with possible reasons and solutions! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Deker reading a lot of your posts you love to get into a argument its just a pitty you did,nt trie and help people as much

It looks to me like you are after an argument.

If you want a debate PM me, what the **** does that add to this thread!

Deker reading a lot of your posts you love to get into a argument its just a pitty you did,nt trie and help people as much

It looks to me like you are after an argument.

If you want a debate PM me, what the **** does that add to this thread!

pm me whats that about don,t make laff

As I said Scramble.

When my integrity is questioned, not the kit its self I will have a say just as you do on alot if NV topics mate.

Si i was not in any way questioning your integrity, if thats how it came across then i apologise. im not here to start an argument. and to be honest if you've only been given an NS200 unit then your being had in my eyes :yes:i hope they paid at least 50% towards that lawmate you got?? at the end of the day your vids on youtube using that will be top quality. :thumbs:

SCRAMBLE

hi Scramble

for your info we purchased the lawman our self's,to get better quality for our subscribers on VHTV,that's the way we roll :thumbs:

Guest scramble

Ha Ha, yeah, being a dealer makes it work, that's your answer then, everyone apply to be a dealer and the problem will disappear! :D:D:thumbs:

Edit, Yeah I re-read it and maybe I didn't take in some of what you qualified :no::thumbs: , I still struggle with 99%, short barrels, big scopes, NS set back etc, I can't believe 99% have that issue upfront.

I did also qualify my answers with possible reasons and solutions! :thumbs:

Ok maybe 99% was a little excessive but i'd say the percentage would still be high with a large moderator. :thumbs:

Guest scramble

As I said Scramble.

When my integrity is questioned, not the kit its self I will have a say just as you do on alot if NV topics mate.

Si i was not in any way questioning your integrity, if thats how it came across then i apologise. im not here to start an argument. and to be honest if you've only been given an NS200 unit then your being had in my eyes :yes:i hope they paid at least 50% towards that lawmate you got?? at the end of the day your vids on youtube using that will be top quality. :thumbs:

SCRAMBLE

hi Scramble

for your info we purchased the lawman our self's,to get better quality for our subscribers on VHTV,that's the way we roll :thumbs:

Dave like i said, they should of paid 50% it benefits them just as much as VHTV. :yes:

Guest scramble

f**k me have we got a pair of Shitehunter supporters on here who are out for a slagging match or is this a genuine thread thats gone bad ?

Yeah i'd love to promote a piece of kit designed, produced and marketed by a piss head with the business sense of a 5 year old.

• Like 1