Hit & Miss With The Moles

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is, a dog eat dog world out there,...and I learned my lessons the hard way a long time ago,...   So, unless in the company, of close and trusted friends,...I follow the maxim for survival, in an

if you have never missed a mole in a trap , you gotta be summit special, you gonna make a mint if you share your secret

Who told you that Snakey? Jeff by any chance?   Funny you should mention that Earthy; at that time I sat on the Servicing Committee of the BPCA. From memory, I think we were told that there was no h

Posted Images

In my experiance these pigs are as strong as bears..ive see what they do all the time. Tearing through a wooden door or gate is easy going for them. Ripping off good gauge wier is like opening a packet of crips for them...now all ive heard tells me that the stuff your using to teather down a mole trap doesnt make much sence...but rather a waist of time...genuinly no offence here. Stop the blabbing about fishing wier and bird wier and get some pictures up.! Lets see the materials..involved to fasten to your traps and what you use to stake it down.

You never know..i might learn somthing from you lot but at the moment i think your just dreaming stuff up. I want to see it in action before and after its been mauld by a badger...Now this will be interesting..maybe one or two of you lads carry trail recorders..lets see some footage.

Atb chaps.

That is pretty much what I had in mind Moxy, with the exception of utilising the handles on the Talpas and having a clip on system so that the wire isn't permanently attached.

What anchors do you use? Rebar or something else?

If you have anything about you, you will work out your own anchor

Well lets see it.

Probuck, have you not noticed that everyone is ignoring you now?

It's dicks like you that are dragging this forum down. Stop for a minute and think about the crap you've been posting lately.

• Like 1

post-13507-0-67680700-1364569080.jpg

The difference between SS bird wire and the galv gear.

Matt. I have all sorts as soil type dictates what anchor you can use. But generally a length of 20 mm rebar with an eye.

Clevis hitch/unions work far better than spring clips for attaching your teathers. You can just nip them up with a pair of pliers and they won't come undone.

Interesting again, thank you Moxy.

Any chance of a picture or link to a Clevis hitch/union please? It's not something I've heard of.

When I said bird wire, that galvanised rope is exactly what I meant. The plastic coated stuff is only any good for tethering mouse boxes - old billy would make short work of that stuff.

I've an idea in my head now for knocking up some stakes with eyes....... just need to do a bit of work on it and I think it could be a go'er.

I want to see it working..should be an easy task...Let put it this way..if that had done its job it wouldnt lool like that. Have you seen a wier fishing trace after its had a good tope on it.

i have been reading these posts - iam shocked ?

Right im missing some stuff here...Right Matt..im going to unblock you, just hope someones got you on a lead today lol..no offence but your barking gets right on my nerves...if you where my dog id leave you on the M6. No offence!!

I want to see it working..should be an easy task...Let put it this way..if that had done its job it wouldnt lool like that. Have you seen a wier fishing trace after its had a good tope on it.

i have been reading these posts - iam shocked ?

Shocked....what, like this :shok::shok: ...........Why, this is pritty normal, this is a good day...where all being good christians today, dont you know its good friday.??