Hit & Miss With The Moles

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is, a dog eat dog world out there,...and I learned my lessons the hard way a long time ago,...   So, unless in the company, of close and trusted friends,...I follow the maxim for survival, in an

if you have never missed a mole in a trap , you gotta be summit special, you gonna make a mint if you share your secret

Who told you that Snakey? Jeff by any chance?   Funny you should mention that Earthy; at that time I sat on the Servicing Committee of the BPCA. From memory, I think we were told that there was no h

Posted Images

The reason is you took offence for me reccomending a fellow mole catcher to what i belive to be the best trap on the market as do may others. I have used the "cheap" talpex type traps from primrose london before to good effect but the cheap duffas just dont cut the mustard for me. They are not strong enough for regular use.

Well theres a point, the cheap traps iv got are far stronger than those from primrose..i got a few of them sometime ago..ok they kill but i ive said the ones i got from europe and flee bay are still far stronger than the fenn..and there supose to be professional mole traps.

I dint put the clip on of a dodge trap, it was someone else. And if id bought traps that performed like that, theyd be getting sent back pronto.

Fortunatly i havnt had any trap go weak, or not work yet..apart from fenn traps.

Edited by Probuk

These are a few pictures of one of the farms i lookafter and it show how close i set my traps to badger sets.

017-1.jpg

This set run's about 120 yards across this field, my traps are set inbetween the fence posts as ive already cought the moles that where in the feeding grounds. I leave a few traps like this as it stops any mole getting back into the vacated feeding ground..Prevension is better than cure in my opinion.

013.jpg

A trap set in the fence line.

014-1.jpg

There was a trap here a few nights ago, till the Badgers took it, deffinatly with a mole in the trap.

015.jpg

The evidence of Badgers feeding around my traps.

This is only feet away from the missing trap.

Marty

Edited by Probuk

I cant set a trap on this farm without it being within a few hundred yards of a Badger set, and badgers will travel miles during the night to find food...my traps are easy taking for them, so Yep i love cheap trap's. :victory:

"By the way the traps are still being sold on ebay and there selling in the hundreds and keep getting relisted..."

So, your inability to provide a link proves you are full of it mate, I can find links to everything I ever bought off flea bay. Send me the link, I'll buy some and try them. If they are as strong as Talpex then good on you for finding them, if not, you are not the pro you claim

"By the way the traps are still being sold on ebay and there selling in the hundreds and keep getting relisted..."

So, your inability to provide a link proves you are full of it mate, I can find links to everything I ever bought off flea bay. Send me the link, I'll buy some and try them. If they are as strong as Talpex then good on you for finding them, if not, you are not the pro you claim

:shok: Like i said earlyer...find your own cheap traps

And i dont claim to be a pro :fool:

I just enjoy vermin control, somthing ive done for an awfull lot of years.

Edited by Probuk

Well,

"PURE VERMIN CONTROL.

MOLE TRAPPER & VERMIN CONTROLLER"

would suggest you either are, or are a wannabe, plus you 41 moles claim ....what else do you do? cannot provide a link to cheap ebay traps that are "still selling"

As I thought, messer

Well,

"PURE VERMIN CONTROL.

MOLE TRAPPER & VERMIN CONTROLLER"

would suggest you either are, or are a wannabe, plus you 41 moles claim ....what else do you do? cannot provide a link to cheap ebay traps that are "still selling"

As I thought, messer

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Well i do this aswell

001-4.jpg

And this

002-6.jpg

And this

001-1.jpg

And sometimes i just like sitting down and doing this

003-1.jpg

Nah not a wanna be...im a do'er :victory:

NOW THATS

Edited by Probuk

All the bullshit aside. If I was to be trapping so close to that set with talpex type traps. Cheap or premium, I would be teathering them down.

The financial value of the trap loss and the inconvenience of having to replace the trap would over time do my head in.

A simple bit of modding and that trap would only travel the length of wire it's attached to.

"And sometimes I just like to sit down and do this"

Do what? I can't make it out in the pic. Are you knocking one out!?

I NEVER THOUGH OF IT LAD...BUT BY THE SOUND OF IT YOU DO.!! Fantasising about me now eh... Wierdo :D

Edited by Probuk

All the bullshit aside. If I was to be trapping so close to that set with talpex type traps. Cheap or premium, I would be teathering them down.

The financial value of the trap loss and the inconvenience of having to replace the trap would over time do my head in.

A simple bit of modding and that trap would only travel the length of wire it's attached to.

Oh im Soooo sorry lol and maybe you might have got a chain and padlocked it to the closest gate :laugh: ...and maybe this and maybe that :whistling:

Oh im Soooo sorry lol and maybe you might have got a chain and padlocked it to the closest gate :laugh: ...and maybe this and maybe that :whistling:

Well I was going to offer some friendly advice and a tip. But now forget it.

That's what sets us appart.

Done with wasting my time.