Supply Of Venison

The lowest I was ever offered was 50p a pound with the jacket off

It varies on the species around here but you can get as high as £30 a kilo for loin, if you need any prices pm me

Why not just cut to the chase and post the prices up here. It will give people the incentive to come to you if you are offering good and fair prices ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whippet I don't see any one making wads of money out of venison on here .iv'e been stalking for 30 odd years & believe me there aint any big bucks(excuse the pun) in the venison market for the sta

£1.18 a lb   it was £1 a lb 30 year ago the Mrs works in a supermarket on the admin side and informs me on the shelves its £18.60 a kilo which works out at £8.45 lb in my book 18.60 divided by 2.

The price for roe at the game dealers was £1 a lb over 25 year ago inflation has frozen in time with the price of venison It hardly covers the cost of fuel these days never mind all the other expens

If they don't pay, they don't get . :thumbs: Farmed venison is only £6.90 kg walked in.. hence why the likes of Waitrose etc have NZ or eastern European meat.. 'nayyyyyyy' :laugh: &The uk farms only supplies 15-20% of the uk venison meat market & the 3yrs + males go to Scottish estates for the heads , for £,£££'s.

trouble is we are only a small group in a large market, every time i go to game dealer and I put them in their fridge I always have a look at the tags on other deer and there is one guy round here who I know of who's dad used to be a hunt master MFH and he got his son loads of shooting on all the big estates and he drives round in his landy and shoots them and takes about 10 - 15 a week to the dealer, so when I take my few in the prices got lower and lower, ive stopped using them now I ve found another outlet for them, but he alone will keep that one going and Im sure there is a person like that in most areas.

• 1 month later...

In reply to all above (i've only just seen the rest of this thread). We are a new business that's started up catering a lot of wild products. It's a simple operation consisting of Me and the Mrs. We are not game dealers and trying to earn and honest living doing what we enjoy. We are aware that in certain areas of the country there is an abundance of Deer and a some of it is going to waste. We want to produce a quality product at a reasonable price for our customers like it should be. Current suppliers of game ie Wholesalers and butchers don't allow us to do this and we are in a position to use the whole animal including any offal, though a lot of this is discarded. We feel that the whole of animal should be used and nothing should be wasted. We are not expecting to rip anybody off and make a vast amount of profit. If we did we'd sell hot dogs from a jar. I don't feel it unreasonable to seek getting the meat from the source at a price that benefits both parties. The philopsophy of our food is all about where it comes from, who shot it, the conservation aspect etc. It is very important to us.

Like I said previous we can travel to anyone who can supply. We won't be taking a vast amount at first but we will need a regular supply.

If anybody can help, would like some more information or knows anyone that can help please feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

In reply to all above (i've only just seen the rest of this thread). We are a new business that's started up catering a lot of wild products. It's a simple operation consisting of Me and the Mrs. We are not game dealers and trying to earn and honest living doing what we enjoy. We are aware that in certain areas of the country there is an abundance of Deer and a some of it is going to waste. We want to produce a quality product at a reasonable price for our customers like it should be. Current suppliers of game ie Wholesalers and butchers don't allow us to do this and we are in a position to use the whole animal including any offal, though a lot of this is discarded. We feel that the whole of animal should be used and nothing should be wasted. We are not expecting to rip anybody off and make a vast amount of profit. If we did we'd sell hot dogs from a jar. I don't feel it unreasonable to seek getting the meat from the source at a price that benefits both parties. The philopsophy of our food is all about where it comes from, who shot it, the conservation aspect etc. It is very important to us.

Like I said previous we can travel to anyone who can supply. We won't be taking a vast amount at first but we will need a regular supply.

If anybody can help, would like some more information or knows anyone that can help please feel free to PM me.

We cook all the food by the way, not break it down and sell it on.

You still havent put up the price what your prepared to pay to suppliers.

as a postees previously asked, Simple question tell us on the forum openly what you are prepared to pay for each species then we will decide if its worthwhile doing business with you and also do you operate on a monthly payment basis or at direct point of sale. Also please state if the prices you offer are collected or does the seller need to deliver to your premises.

Its really a simple question that needs a simple answer.

Cheers

Stu

Edited by Caprelous

You still havent put up the price what your prepared to pay to suppliers.

as a postees previously asked, Simple question tell us on the forum openly what you are prepared to pay for each species then we will decide if its worthwhile doing business with you and also do you operate on a monthly payment basis or at direct point of sale. Also please state if the prices you offer are collected or does the seller need to deliver to your premises.

Its really a simple question that needs a simple answer.

Cheers

Stu

Thanks for the reply Stu. at the end of the day you guys have shot the deer so you must have a price in your head that's it's valued at!? It's your time, ammo etc? The last dealer we dealt with had a full deer delivered and I overheard the price at £135 which I think was a bit less than 45kg, which is about £3.50 a kilo. To be honest I don't know if this is average or a little low? Looking online some websites say a Roe Deer Carcass would sell for £35- £45 and Red Deer considerably more? So you tell me? I'm not expecting to get the animal at some stupid prices but I don't see why I should be paying over the odds from a farmshop or butcher when I can do their bit myself. I want a good relationship with whoever we buy from so the price per kilo has to work for them as well as myself. So would simply need a conversation.

I have the same problem with rabbits, game dealers are charging ridiculous prices, so I have bought 2 lurchers and ferrets to do it myself (I used to have them in my younger days so it's not just a whim). Ideally i'd like to shoot the deer myself not only for cost but the genuinity of our product, but i'm not in a position as yet to do this. Getting them from somebody who has shot the animal themselves in the next best thing.

We would pay cash on collection everytime which we would do personally.

jimbob where abouts are you in the north west pal ? i can help you, send me a contact number and i will get intouch with you. i can supply you with roe and fellow on a regular basis cheers.

Edited by maggot