Brill Night + Buck

Goodluck way buck bird hope he lasts as long as Bryn he will tackle anything Ive seen one 30 years ago it took anything atb

thanks mate , yeh Bryn been great rabbit dog, never let me down where ever i took him. Buck should make good lurcher with his breeding, and only heard good things about this x. :thumbs:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went out last night 11pm, with trigger2 (jon) took his dog 1/4 malmautex lurcher Buster, my Bryn 1x colliex grey, and Buck my 1x gsd x grey pup. Well Bryn was on fire again got 5 -6 runs, he was going

WELLL nothing like a uplifting for a handler than a night like that for him a mers baby , WATCH THE SPACE FOLKS there will be lots more to come from this welp . pleased as punch for ray , and ray he

im surprised ray you have run a 7month old dog on the lamp,...........brick shite house or not .............still very much undeveloped and any injury could prove costly ......... i cant get me head

good do mate how old is buck? looks a fine anima

l

thanks mate, he is 7 months old just under 26in. think he will go just over 27in when full grown, and once he looses his puppy fat, should have not a bad shape to him, and get more faster than what he is now..!

dont post much these day's Bird but felt the need to post on this,,,,

ive got be honest i was a bit surprised when you said you was getting this cross and it's not somthing that tickles my fancy.......

BUT you can allways feel your enthusiasm for this pup from reading your post's and no one can accuse you of not putting the effort in

so for that reason alone i hope the pup turns into a topper for you....

atb Daz

im surprised ray you have run a 7month old dog on the lamp,...........brick shite house or not .............still very much undeveloped and any injury could prove costly .........

i cant get me head around it if bryn is knocking them over ,.........i cant see why you would of risked a pup......

i am not knocking you ray as i value you as an exspereinced lurcher man ,..............i have an 8 month old bitch here who i know would knock over a few rabbits on the lamp and shes a big lump......... but i wouldnt take the risk mate ,.each to there own ,.........glad the pup is doing what you want..... :thumbs:

• Like 2

im surprised ray you have run a 7month old dog on the lamp,...........brick shite house or not .............still very much undeveloped and any injury could prove costly .........

i cant get me head around it if bryn is knocking them over ,.........i cant see why you would of risked a pup......

i am not knocking you ray as i value you as an exspereinced lurcher man ,..............i have an 8 month old bitch here who i know would knock over a few rabbits on the lamp and shes a big lump......... but i wouldnt take the risk mate ,.each to there own ,.........glad the pup is doing what you want..... :thumbs:

i agree with that whippet but it's upto each and every one of us to decide when the time is right, i started my bitch at 8 months, only 5 runs and 3 catches

and that went on for a few months,,,and it payed off for me but i wouldnt say it was the correct way to go about it as every case is different

Edited by dazzz
  • Like 1

i agree with that whippet but it's upto each and every one of us to decide when the time is right, i started my bitch at 8 months, only 5 runs and 3 catches

and that went on for a few months,,,and it payed off for me but i wouldnt say it was the correct way to go about it as every case is different

Buck been out from 9 weekds old, at 5 months old had learned all his field craft. regards gates+fences, cover,stock,ditches, .He as seen Bryn catch lots of rabbits in the lamp, so he knows what rabbits no prob. I have like most lads with pups, watched+ gage how he is coming on regards (when) i think (if) he could catch a rabbit, and knew watching him from just 6 months old, that there was very good chance that he could catch 1. Well i was right , he was only ran on what i think he would catch.And only had 5 runs and caught 4 rabbits, so i must have done somthing right. :yes: when he gone out it was just for learning curve, and the odd couple runs. This x are norm big dogs, and Buck is a big pup, so i know (not) over do it, as they are slower to mature , but even so they are far more faster+ agile than they look. Happy with him in the field so far, but bit on the wimpy side temp, hope he grows out of it . :yes:

• Like 1

i have a bitch of this cross and was takin her out as you did at 9/10 weeks, after all you dont put a kid in school at 16 yr old. every brain in the world learns more in the first 1/4 of its life. but also see the advantages of waiting for bone/ muscle structure to be as developed as possible. plus your pup will have the summer to sit it over and think about his roll ready for next year. WILL make you a very happy owner and glad u chose this cross im sure :thumbs:

whippet99.if you have a greyhoundy lurcher or a whippety lurcher .it would be best to take it a bit easier with the early training because greyhoundy whippety lurchers have not got the bone the stamina or the physhical strenght of the gsd xg. the reason you can run gsdxg early.is that the gsdxg is far more powerful physhicaly it has far more weight and has better overall strenght and stamina.it has a bigger engine bigger lungs stronger constuction etc .when you run a young whippety or greyhoundy lurcher on a hare for excample they are both very revvy dogs lightly bult and light boned .thier engine and bodywork is not as well constructed so running one to early and to hard could cause some serious damage..i would caution anyone running any greyhoundy or whipetty lurcher at to young a age to hard .also these gsdxg pups are only being given a few runs on rabitts which is not going to cause any strain on such powerfully built animals.my father said to me 40yrs ago never ever let a greyhoundy or whippety lurcher chase hares hard untill at least 18months of age .because in a lot of cases you will knock thier big ends out

whippet99.if you have a greyhoundy lurcher or a whippety lurcher .it would be best to take it a bit easier with the early training because greyhoundy whippety lurchers have not got the bone the stamina or the physhical strenght of the gsd xg. the reason you can run gsdxg early.is that the gsdxg is far more powerful physhicaly it has far more weight and has better overall strenght and stamina.it has a bigger engine bigger lungs stronger constuction etc .when you run a young whippety or greyhoundy lurcher on a hare for excample they are both very revvy dogs lightly bult and light boned .thier engine and bodywork is not as well constructed so running one to early and to hard could cause some serious damage..i would caution anyone running any greyhoundy or whipetty lurcher at to young a age to hard .also these gsdxg pups are only being given a few runs on rabitts which is not going to cause any strain on such powerfully built animals.my father said to me 40yrs ago never ever let a greyhoundy or whippety lurcher chase hares hard untill at least 18months of age .because in a lot of cases you will knock thier big ends out

understand what your saying .............but why risk a pup of 7 months ............10 /11 months maybe ...........it dont matter how big a pup is if it breaks a leg ,............the pup could be fooked...............

i prefer to run start them older so if they do break a leg at least i have peace of mind that i gave the pup a decent chance .......................god forbid but if buck broke a leg or opened up ,......................ray would be blaming his self for starting it too young..........

i cant see the urgency of getting a pup out when you have another dog doing it with ease..............i got 8 month pup here who as taken daytime rabbits and i have a lamp dog here , so i have no urgency to run a pup............but running at night on lamp doubles the risk...............i wouldnt knock ray as he seen more than i ever will...........

im just surprised to see on here any running dog of 7months out lamping ...............madness and cant understand why..............

edit to say i dont run pures..............mine are curs.........cheers

understand what your saying .............but why risk a pup of 7 months ............10 /11 months maybe ...........it dont matter how big a pup is if it breaks a leg ,............the pup could be fooked...............

i prefer to run start them older so if they do break a leg at least i have peace of mind that i gave the pup a decent chance .......................god forbid but if buck broke a leg or opened up ,......................ray would be blaming his self for starting it too young..........

i cant see the urgency of getting a pup out when you have another dog doing it with ease..............i got 8 month pup here who as taken daytime rabbits and i have a lamp dog here , so i have no urgency to run a pup............but running at night on lamp doubles the risk...............i wouldnt knock ray as he seen more than i ever will...........

im just surprised to see on here any running dog of 7months out lamping ...............madness and cant understand why..............

edit to say i dont run pures..............mine are curs.........cheers

I can understand your point of view but a dog could break its leg at any age? also ray isnt trying to prove something with this pup he is a good lurcher man a will no when a dog is ready as he has stated he has been picking runs for the pup as have i with bucks sister these are well constructed and well developed dogs mentily and physicaly you cant wrap them up in cotton wool or keep them kenneled till there older i want my pup to be doing the buissness that they been bred for by the age of 18 months not just starting out

• Like 1

the sooner you have em out the more they learn sat in a kennel till 9 month and walked about there learning nothing the dog taken out and allowed to fined thing out for its self will be far more forward than the one sat in a kennel ie field craft i have seen and been out with ray and his pup buck i do not believe he would risk running the dog if it was not up to it this is a big strong pup very forward in mind i think this dog will be a good un for the job he was brought in to do to many fast to put things down they do not really understand you could not knock ray i think he as done a great job bringing this dog on hope he goes on to please you ray and your the only one the dog as to please :thumbs:

• Like 1

thanks (Bill + Ash) to be honest ive kept a close eye on Buck ,even though he as been out since he was 9 weeks old. Ive never done anything with him that i didnt think he could handle.Bryn was about the same age 6 months old when he caught his 1st rabbit,and he gone to catch( hundreds) in 5 1/2 years, never been laid up with any injurys in that time. Buck i know is alot differnt type lurcher bigger animal, so ive have gage him more so than i did with Bryn, but he is doing fine so far, and giving him couple of runs in the lamp wont do any harm,and he as had 4 rabbits from 5 runs, not bad for a big 7 month old lump lol. Got all this summer to get him just right for sep, and if he as good as Steve Barton says about this x, should be filling my Freezer no prob :yes: