What Nv To Buy ?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have tried the sonycam set up but it is more suited to a pcp and it has a similar position to the ns50.the unit you are looking on e bay at is very similar to a unit i bought from nv scopes .they ar

If you wait for month or 2 pulsar are brining out a new didgi add on called photon

That looks more like a dedicated night scope rather than an add on ? Looks a nice bit of kit mind !

Anyway, I have agreed a deal on the pulsar challenger now, and I don't let folk down, I may be selling it soon and looking at other options though, time will tell.

What scope would the pulsar challenger gs be ideally suited too ?

Rob.

Hi mate

no its defiantly a add on

Ok, looks a nice bit of kit, and out soon by the sounds of things, might have a word with mother in law, she lives in the states and may be some deals to be had.

Rob.

Hi Rob I've used the pular on a bushnell trophy 4-12x40, tasco old school 4-16x40, menace 7.5x50.I will check it out on a 3-12x44 swat and a 4-12 mamba lite tomorrow.

neil.

I will be very interested to hear your report on the 3-12x44 swat and mamba lite since I have also just bought a Challenger with DSA. I have been very impressed with the unit so far. I am only using it at short range for rats and have the Pulsar 805 illuminator which for fairly short ranges of less than 50 yards seems to be great.

I have not had any problems with the rearward eye position and found that I did not need to move the scope forward at all. WIth the DSA being so easy to remove I have a combination that I can use in daylight and at night.

My scope does not have side parallax adjustment and I had decided on the 3-12x44 Mamba lite but it will be great to hear a view on how this combination works.

Hi mate

LIstening to the video it states that it is an all in one unit and either side of the turrets it is marked the same. This would seem to indicate that it is a dedicated night vision sight. At $800 it will certainly be very competitive.

Hi Rob I've used the pular on a bushnell trophy 4-12x40, tasco old school 4-16x40, menace 7.5x50.I will check it out on a 3-12x44 swat and a 4-12 mamba lite tomorrow.

neil.

I will be very interested to hear your report on the 3-12x44 swat and mamba lite since I have also just bought a Challenger with DSA. I have been very impressed with the unit so far. I am only using it at short range for rats and have the Pulsar 805 illuminator which for fairly short ranges of less than 50 yards seems to be great.

I have not had any problems with the rearward eye position and found that I did not need to move the scope forward at all. WIth the DSA being so easy to remove I have a combination that I can use in daylight and at night.

My scope does not have side parallax adjustment and I had decided on the 3-12x44 Mamba lite but it will be great to hear a view on how this combination works.

Hi Mate I've checked out both scopes with the gs pulsar and dipol laser, they both look good to go with the image I'm getting outback to 50yds. The mamba was a bit slower to set up balancing the scope parrallax, and the front and rear adjustments on the pulsar than with the ags scope.But then its a new scope to me. Field testing the mamba tomorrow night with 12ftlb after rabbits. :)

Edited by stillair1

try a dedicated n/v scope..A dipol 141 or 161 , for under £450 used, they are the tops. I tried dozens over the years ( Yukon/ vomz/ atn / screens/ add ons ) & dipol are the lightest, clearest & most are gen1 + tubes or even upgraded gen2 as I found in a recent purchace. The clarity of the dipol with, mag x3 or 4 is far superior to most in the price range., & most around a grand ! Yukon sentinel are also very good ,but with a disadvantage of 1kg + weight ! Pay the money cry once, WITH THE KNOWING YOU DID RIGHT :thumbs: get it wrong its expensive & YOU CRY WITH EVERY PURCHACE :icon_eek::icon_redface:

PS - a good dipol 141/161 has 200yds clarity with no extra IR added too :gunsmilie:

Hi mate

Sorry Villaman , ITS NOT AN ADDON the Photon 5x42 is a monocular built on to its own scope

i handled and looked through one at the Shooting show at Stoneleigh recently

and now have one on order,its dedicated unit not an addon,

atb brian

Forgot to say, I am now in the market for a new scope for this add on, I fitted it with a spare cheapie scope when I got it, so reckon I need to upgrade to get the best from it all..

I use a Mamba Lite on my Gen3 Archer and it's great. It has a good parallax that seems to work well with night vision. If in the future you need an I/R upgrade, go for the Dereelight 800IR. Use it on the Archer and a Pulsar N550 and it's the best I/R ive used.

Hi mate

Sorry Villaman , ITS NOT AN ADDON the Photon 5x42 is a monocular built on to its own scope

i handled and looked through one at the Shooting show at Stoneleigh recently

and now have one on order,its dedicated unit not an addon,

atb brian

Sorry, yes you are right ,I was told some time early last year that it will be a add on by the importer .

Hi i am new to this forum and also new to night vision. Could anyone tell me if "digicam" is a good make of night vision camera. My Dad got this and fitted it to his .270 but has now sadly passed away its a dedicated scope but you can still use it in daytime. I would like to know if its a budget make or top of the range.

Kind regards Brad