longnet/sheet netting prices.

maty j

after ordering some fibreglass poles off here im looking to put together a light 50yd net. they were going on a 35yd 6z but i fancy a longer 4z net. ive got 1 and a half spool of 2mm braid here that i could use on some sheet netting if it will work out cheaper doing it that way or im prepared to buy a ready rigged net with head and foot lines if i can get one cheap enough. ive got some prices off gypoe joe. whilst magnum are decent quality im only after a cheap 4z net. by cheap not something that will fall apart on me but still want to spend as little as possible.

any decent companies that you recomend?? oh and did i say it has to be cheap :D

cheers,

maty.

Guest gypo joe

I used to get from advanced :thumbdown: but the quality of the netting

made in China got to the stage of it being total SHITE

burst meshes large holes in the netting and broken selvages :yes:

thats the thing Joe, :thumbs: you do get what you pay for. I was at a show not long back and someone was selling purse nets made from sheet nylon. fecking horrid things :icon_eek: and how they was tied onto the rings was shocking. If i made them i would be embarresed but i would be bloody ashamed to sell them on. :icon_redface:

So maty, like joe says keep an eye on quality before you part with your hard earned cash. :victory:

I rekon that one of the supplyers have maybe imported a large consignment of purse nets from some part of the world and distributed them to the many fieldsport suppliers up and down the country, Why you may ask ? well i seen an advert from K.P.& S. NETS advertiseing purse nets, 10z & 6z , stateing that the rings are not braided on neatly. They have reduced there asking price by a considerable amount, it may be worthwhile buying some and braid the rings on correctly, what do you think ?

cheers lads, think ill be getting in touch Jim if yours is decent quality. i got a pm off a member telling me about some cheap 4z, infact very cheap and i was thinking about that but not sure if the member is away from there computer.im looking to set the net up asap while the weather is half decent. then again it could be bad quality as Jim says, so Jim, PM on its way to you fella.

cheers,

maty.

Edited by maty j
cheers lads, think ill be getting in touch Jim if yours is decent quality. i got a pm off a member telling me about some cheap 4z, infact very cheap and i was thinking about that but not sure if the member is away from there computer.im looking to set the net up asap while the weather is half decent. then again it could be bad quality as Jim says, so Jim, PM on its way to you fella.

cheers,

maty.

I'v had long nets off jim in the past and i have to say there top quality :thumbs: