Goshawks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been happy enough with my Harris for the last few weeks, in the future maybe I will move onto a goshawk or something else.BUT I hope I never become one of those falconers that has owned a Harris

No mate I ain't to be fair , had em as a kid sparrowhawks, kestrels always hacked back to wild or shamefully died,like many lads my age and older will of done (Barry Hines/Ken Loach got a lot too ans

What quarry are you after and how many days a week can you fly? They need answering first. As a rule, goshawks are NOT a first bird. Reading books wont prepare you for a gos no matter what anyone sa

Posted Images

What quarry are you after and how many days a week can you fly? They need answering first.

As a rule, goshawks are NOT a first bird. Reading books wont prepare you for a gos no matter what anyone says.

So what bird will prepare you for a Gos Not a Harris thats for certain.

a sparrow hawk or maybe a coopers hawk :thumbs:

I'd say a Musket is a tad more awkward as far as weight managment goes especially in the colder winter monthes.. :hmm:

5 and 1/8 of an once the last one i flew, tried for a whole season to take 1 snipe :laugh: :laugh: then failed again the next season with a female 8 and 3/4 oz :laugh: :laugh: i gave up after that and brought a gun, mision acumplished :D

post-896-0-89633700-1363460042.jpg

What quarry are you after and how many days a week can you fly? They need answering first.

As a rule, goshawks are NOT a first bird. Reading books wont prepare you for a gos no matter what anyone says.

Dont,Some crank on here will take you seriously and go and get a spar as a first bird.

Dont,Some crank on here will take you seriously and go and get a spar as a first bird.

its about time some form of controll was introduced like in the states.

couple of kids

a couple of accidents in the local park away that mate imho :yes: sooner the better imho, mind it the breeders they want to be giving the hard time too they cause this glut of cheao birds, cos they 'just gotta breed, several broods every season , afterall its a 'must do', then they can sell em to anyone who daft enough to buy em, then sit on IFF etc chattiong to their pals slagging off all the newbies coming into the game :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

couple of kids

a couple of accidents in the local park away that mate imho :yes: sooner the better imho, mind it the breeders they want to be giving the hard time too they cause this glut of cheao birds, cos they 'just gotta breed, several broods every season , afterall its a 'must do', then they can sell em to anyone who daft enough to buy em, then sit on IFF etc chattiong to their pals slagging off all the newbies coming into the game :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

always been the same mate, everything changes yet everything remains the same :laugh: