Rock Breaking?

Guys, if you are digging and you come across a layer of rock - 6 foot road bar bounces off it and you have no edge to chip away at.... what do you do? And no, holemaster is not an option!

Edited by freem

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for all the offers of help and advice. .. bitch is finally out , she hasn't a scratch on her - that was 12 foot of pure hardship

Stihl saw and lump hammer and chisel will break it in no time

Thanks higgins but I'm not much use at either - brute force and ignorance all the way

Posted Images

do you have a dog trapped or is it just a question ? if the dog still in then you ve got to try anything and everything,waiting and praying is also neccesary sometimes a terrier can find it s way back out,hope you get dog back,good luck.

Wish it was just a question - bitch ran to an earth in a woods the other day when out for a run , I am down 9 foot but the bottom of the dig is solid rock and bitch is another 3 foot further still

Another hunt, we used a bar and a lump hammer. I hold the crowbar, not a nice place. In this case, it had been a success : we took the dog and after the badger (legally because in France).

post-80985-0-12168100-1362993584.jpg

I have few experiences of terriers under rock or concrete.

Had same problem Saturday had to make the hole bout 4 foot wider until we found the edge of [BANNED TEXT] we thought was a stone, turned out to be 2 stones side by side so we slowly dug around them and removed them, we only had 2 round mouths no graft or bars but our dig was only 6 foot deep so I can imagine your troubles. Stones were removed and sure enough my frinds pup was 2 foot away singing at his quarry, dog removed quarry humanely dipatched then off to then next dig. Hope all went well with your dog mate keep us posted how you get on pls, atb ucrbuch