Cabinet + Shit Walls

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

surely your gable walls are block if not move house,, for your house is gonna blow down in the wind

If its plasterboard fixed on to a timber frame house like mine, this is what i did....   I used a 650mm wide strip of wooden block board, this was then screwed onto 2 of the wall studs inside a cupb

Hi mate don't know if you have already sorted it but all your outter walls will be dot and dab with a 6mm gap at the most unless your house is timber frame then your stuck just try a 20m drill bit that will easy plug the block work mate just follow your shockets and rads ;)

15mm threaded bar drilled into the blockwbork then set with resin. Once that's set it will never Come out.

If you get the right resin it has working loads and with the 15mm bar you would be looking at almost 2 tonne per bolt/bar!!!

Just make it too big to move. My house is wooden frame and wood cladding so no bricks at all. I welded my own 3ft x 2ft x 6ft cabinet and the police are perfectly happy with it not being bolted to brickwork.

The extra plus point is there is also plenty more room for more rifles, shotguns and even an RPG is only I could get the variation :)

If its plasterboard fixed on to a timber frame house like mine, this is what i did....

I used a 650mm wide strip of wooden block board, this was then screwed onto 2 of the wall studs inside a cupboard then the cabinet was screwed onto the board and into the floor. Police were more then happy with it, he even commented on how well fixed it was.

If you find concrete or blockwork to fix to i wouldn't bother going to the extra hassle of using resin and threaded bar etc, get yourself some Thunderbolts.. their designed for fixing into block, concrete etc take a serious grip! all you do is drill the hole then tighten the bolt up!!

Edited by reeking rabbits
  • Like 1

If its plasterboard fixed on to a timber frame house like mine, this is what i did....

I used a 650mm wide strip of wooden block board, this was then screwed onto 2 of the wall studs inside a cupboard then the cabinet was screwed onto the board and into the floor. Police were more then happy with it, he even commented on how well fixed it was.

If you find concrete or blockwork to fix to i wouldn't bother going to the extra hassle of using resin and threaded bar etc, get yourself some Thunderbolts.. their designed for fixing into block, concrete etc take a serious grip! all you do is drill the hole then tighten the bolt up!!

think this is the road i will go down as i am in the same boat,maybe store it in attic

i too was thinking attick , as its a bare brick wall there, no studs,plasterboard and skirting board to feck about with, filled in both forms today, still undecided as to what calibre to put. im defintely putting down for a .223. a 12g, Fac air. and .17hmr OR .22lr.
all the videos iv seen and heard people shoot the .22lr out to , doesnt really give me any benefit over a bloody airgun though, as a sub 12 can be pushed to 70yards. but i do have large open permission also, which is almost impossible with an airgun lol and it is good land.

Maybe you can do 70 yds with an air gun on targets where you know the range, but I'm rubish at judging range therefor holdover so stick with distances where they are still flying resonably flat. Thats say 30yds air rifle, 50 yds FAC air, 60 yds 22LR subs and maybe 120 Yds HMR.

If u can tell where 30-50-60-120 yrds are ,your pretty good mate lol its the same with anything, practice and more practice. 70 yrds on targets regular will familiarise yourself with size of target in scope at say x10. If I'm not 100% I won't take shot. Obviously misses are inevitable. Atb mate

Cheers mate. Read it all. I don't think il get it cos of my past. Nothing to loose though, although last time I got in any trouble was 3years ago. And not anything since, living with my partner, got a 4month baby and iv changed my ways a lot. So hopefully they will see that.

I have done paulus mate. The box is feckin tiny though , but I fitted it all in...eventually lol getting the referees done today, then il send my form off. How long shall I expect? For the home meeting, or if they think I'm not suitable will they not even come? Lol cheers

as i said in earlier post i was going to put my cabinet in attic as i have a timber frame house,would it be acceptable to lay an upright cabinet horizontally across joists (3) and secure with 70mm coach bolts? or does it have to be fitted vertically?

thanks in advance