@the gaffer - heres my link to my etsy stuff https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheGamekeepersShed?ref=search_shop_redirect

@D Lloyd - I mainly use the 750 on my hmr, I find it the most versatile rifle I have (just wish I could find a thumbhole stock for it), as its not recommended for fox :angel: but I find that every time you encounter a fox, youre normally out shooting something else & therefore don't have the right tool for the job, it naturally follows that, if you have taken everything into consideration - use the tool that you have in your hand.

The 750 allows me to check fields approx 700m ish away & used in conjunction with stage 3 IR you can pick up eyes approx 400-500m away. I'm contemplating getting an additional, more powerful IR to see further plus it would save on battery life. Where in Scotland are you?

Dave

cheers for that Dave it sounds like it will tick all the boxes for me can you tell me more about the IR as i am very new to this nv stuff.a pic of your set up would be good if its not to much truble.

im in caithness dave.

Hi mate,

Not much to show, just a hmr with the scope attached & a bipod & sling. I did use a piece of pipe lagging to raise the comb by about 1/2 to 3/4", it just makes life easier. Caithness is a bit far to go to show you it!

Regarding the IR, there's 3 power settings on the 750, 1 gets you out to about 100m & full power allows me to look for prey a couple of fields away.

Don't be taken in by the use of stars to shoot by, that's really for the archer type stuff, with the 750 you need IR.

You've also got a zoom feature on the 750 too. Once you zero it in you'll get used to the range in the dark, you can also adjust the range, if I remember correctly its 1/2" per click at 100yds.

Cheers gaffer, I'll have a look across on that other site, deffo need a thumbhole stock!

Hi mate,

Not much to show, just a hmr with the scope attached & a bipod & sling. I did use a piece of pipe lagging to raise the comb by about 1/2 to 3/4", it just makes life easier. Caithness is a bit far to go to show you it!

Regarding the IR, there's 3 power settings on the 750, 1 gets you out to about 100m & full power allows me to look for prey a couple of fields away.

Don't be taken in by the use of stars to shoot by, that's really for the archer type stuff, with the 750 you need IR.

You've also got a zoom feature on the 750 too. Once you zero it in you'll get used to the range in the dark, you can also adjust the range, if I remember correctly its 1/2" per click at 100yds.

Cheers gaffer, I'll have a look across on that other site, deffo need a thumbhole stock!

cheers ill take my time with it and get the hang of thinks i hope to pick one up in the next few weeks.

were abouts are you dave?

Hi mate,

I was thinking you could have a try but I'm down in Richmond, by Scotch Corner.

Been out tonight with it, stage 1 IR will light the field up to about 200-250 meters, stage 3 is well bright, remember you view it in black & white, not the usual green & it's unaffected by any lights.

If you need anymore info, let me know

Dave