Mrs bought me one for chrimbo!!

Absolutely love it.

You have to leave behind all your thinking of 'scope' work & learn to use it as a sight, the IR is amazing. The 4 batteries supplied will last me about 4 hours (using full IR) & all night using stage 1.

If you want to know anything else let me know.

Dave

Looks like itll be a ratter only - detection up to 190m!

The pulsar 750 is miles better than that, plus with these front mounted units you have to make sure that the unit is lined up exactly.

Its horses for courses - if its a pocket reason go for the front mounters but if you want something more then go for the digisight or if you can stretch to it a DSA

Dave

Its full didgi scope same as the pulsar not a ad on but 190 m is more than enough to spot bunnys I couldn't justify spending all that on one scope but £400 I could but like you say each to there own you can have a weeks test with the yukon photon I will be doing that if its wank you get ya full cash back

Aye, scottcountry did that weeks 'test' with the pulsar 550 when it first came out - never heard of anyone getting their hands on it though.

The yukon is actually a pulsar/yukon combo.

Remember though, either one you choose (if its a proper digisight) you'll have to forget all your scope memories - its a sight, maybe the better term for them should be image intensified display units - but that would probably not aid selling!!

Dave

Deffo a good thing for air rifles & possibly .22 but I think for centerfire you need something solid plus the 750 is interchangeable between rifles.

One thing I wonder about the yukon is how you adjust the mag on it, i.e.when zooming in for those close up head shots!

Dave

Still doing the leatherwork mate, been mainly focussing on bags & done a couple of leather bottles (fully waterproofed). Theres not much in the collars now, nobody pays for your time.

Been having a look at some of your photos, your work is coming on well.

Ive also been doing quite a bit of restoration work - shoulder of mutton repairs, doctors bags even cartridge belts.

You should try your hand at a leather bottle.

Dave

You got any pics dave of ya stuff only seen those terrier couple on google image. I have a couple of pouches to do and a leather priest for fishing it is slaking a little selling a few gun slings on other forums and have a set of one off leather bracesshould be a nice bit of work

cheers for that lads.

DDD im going to put it on a 17 hmr for fox would like to shoot out to a max of 200 meters and want to see further for safte reasons i now mosts of my land well but it you get a call out its nice to now whats there in the back ground.

cheers.

david

@the gaffer - heres my link to my etsy stuff https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheGamekeepersShed?ref=search_shop_redirect

@D Lloyd - I mainly use the 750 on my hmr, I find it the most versatile rifle I have (just wish I could find a thumbhole stock for it), as its not recommended for fox :angel: but I find that every time you encounter a fox, youre normally out shooting something else & therefore don't have the right tool for the job, it naturally follows that, if you have taken everything into consideration - use the tool that you have in your hand.

The 750 allows me to check fields approx 700m ish away & used in conjunction with stage 3 IR you can pick up eyes approx 400-500m away. I'm contemplating getting an additional, more powerful IR to see further plus it would save on battery life. Where in Scotland are you?

Dave