Yep, like Matt said! I love my b+g it can seriously chuck out, I've actually had customers comment they thought the roof tiles were going to be blown off by it when they hear me with it in the loft.

Holds lots of chemical, way more than you will ever need on a job, Even if you were fogging the Albert hall.

Been using the microgen for 10 years machine has never missed a beat.

You are lucky then.

Mine did 3 years before the motor burnt out. A new motor was more than a new B&G machine, and the big advantage of the B&G is that you can put any (approved for fogging ULV) product through it without being tied to the special bottles that cost extra.

I think the longest I've had the B&G on in a domestic property was 30 seconds. I generally use Aquapy, and it gives a very good knockdown.

Remote controlled machines are cumbersome and unnecessary; most jobs only need less than a minute, and you still need a mask to recover the machine even if you switch it on from outside the treatment area.

The other thing with the B&G is that you can vary the application rate, which means that you can apply some preparations at ULV rates, or you can fog with biocide or whatever you choose. You don't get that flexibility with a Microgen.

And then there is the initial cost. A B&G is less than 3 hundred, but a Microgen is over 5.

In the department where i work everyone uses the microgen machine and to my knowledge there has been no issue with anyones machine and some of the other officers have been there over 10 years and are still using original machines they were given.

One thing i was made aware of when trianing is to ensure machine is kept away from products such as loft insulation to prevent it being succed into machine leading to premature fialure.

With regard the bottles of insecticide used my personal opinion is they are cost affective.

No matter how good you are at mixing quantities of products for a specific job there will invariably be some waste.

With the bottles for the microgen there is no waste and if used as specified with the calculations for product for given area it is very very cost affective with no waste at all.

If you look on the pest control forum froudy under flea treatments on the insect section there is the formulea.

If you are not familiar with fogging it will pay to look at this to ensure you are not overdosing and wasting insecticide and not using the product in contravention of the label dosing rates.You will be amazed how many treatments you get from one bottle of insecticide if used correctly.

• 4 weeks later...