12 replies to this topic

#1 fenlandfieldsports

fenlandfieldsports

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:41 pm

as title title got 3 guns coming out with us on the 23rd always shoots well when we put bigger teams out, we meet 0630hrs quick briefing, cuppa tea then of out into the estate new faces always welcome cheers karl  

#2 fenlandfieldsports

fenlandfieldsports

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:12 pm

2 spaces left 

#3 stoggy

stoggy

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:12 am

Well according to some on pigeon watch you talk the talk but cannot walk the walk.

You talk up the shooting and the shooting is poor.

Cannot call you Robin Hood.

But your certainly a Robin person.

• Nots so bad lad likes this

#4 fenlandfieldsports

fenlandfieldsports

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:45 pm

i think your confusing me with someone else, anyone who want to come have a look around ill happily show you around this is my living i supply clients to estates covering over 30,000acres in east anglia they cant all have no pigeons ??

im head keeper on one estate and guide on five others come have a look around before you start slating someone thanks karl

#5 Nots so bad lad

Nots so bad lad

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:49 am

Tell ya mate to get is act together making false promises and can't deliver if he had been honest and straight with us from the start it would have been excepted,instead of poor fields over shot and putting us in public danger ,and then telling us its our falt for poor performance and not listening to the best pigeon guide and shooter in the world. Just because you have land access doesn t qualify you to be a no it all.we drove a long way on false promises .he could of a least give us half the pigeon shooting money back and another thing is fire arms realise storage is totally illegal written on the back of a land permission form .you have to be a rfd.good day to you I am sure you are geniuine and do things fair and square.that's all people ask .

#6 leslie harold gedge

leslie harold gedge

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:24 am

it sound to me that all the peterboro lads piss in the same pot.

#7 fenlandfieldsports

fenlandfieldsports

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:47 am

as i said on other threads i supply clients to alot of farms/estates i adhere to all firearms laws,and the countryside act etc i happen to supply customers to lee aswell as many others

,the land in question is getting hit hard by pigeons at the minute so ive been supplying 2 to 5 guns a week to help with this

i dont see myself as a know it all but i like to think i know my land and customers needs

hope this clears the matter up my telephone number and email is available if anyone has a grievance with my company i will always listen and i want any of my customers to return and have a good day thanks karl  

Edited by fenlandfieldsports, 24 March 2013 - 11:50 am.

#8 shootlodge

shootlodge

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:54 pm

its a hard time of year, been so cold ,icy & snow etc..all the animals are hungry ,even starving with the recent weather unable to get to the ground  especially here in Yorkshire making all twitchy, with animals/ birds etc knowing they are venerable for dinner..I see most areas are twitchy as hell, crows / pigeon will hammer the open ground for clover, muck spread, etc but any machines or people working in there & the pigeon are gone ........miles away......I wouldn't even attempt a day out until the days are warmer & the field stock comfortable, feeding up. A good sign I get is seagulls are in, so pigeons are out..

some days the fields are full of pigeon feasting on clover etc, other days ,there simply nothing although the ground is still good !!  some of the larger cattle sheds are full with the pigeon roosting & picking up grain they can find from beat straw.

#9 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:59 pm

its a hard time of year, been so cold ,icy & snow etc..all the animals are hungry ,even starving with the recent weather unable to get to the ground  especially here in Yorkshire making all twitchy, with animals/ birds etc knowing they are venerable for dinner..I see most areas are twitchy as hell, crows / pigeon will hammer the open ground for clover, muck spread, etc but any machines or people working in there & the pigeon are gone ........miles away......I wouldn't even attempt a day out until the days are warmer & the field stock comfortable, feeding up. A good sign I get is seagulls are in, so pigeons are out..

some days the fields are full of pigeon feasting on clover etc, other days ,there simply nothing although the ground is still good !!  some of the larger cattle sheds are full with the pigeon roosting & picking up grain they can find from beat straw.

pritty much sums up around here that mate :thumbs:

#10 fenlandfieldsports

fenlandfieldsports

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:11 pm

even on saturday guns took 3 to 22 pigeons with only few hours out so not so bad, one regular taking 25 to 75 on a regular basis, i think for the sake of £25 a good day if you like to get out in the countryside and dont have time for a full time permission  

we all know winter decoying is hard but some good sport is still available anyone who wishes to come have a look around ill happily show you about one gent who shot saturday had no kit and sat on a wood ,then a flight line i picked out after lunch 22 birds think he shot 60 + carts  

#11 Nots so bad lad

Nots so bad lad

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:56 pm

agree 25 quid is very good pal but your mates was 30 quid to shoot the same shot out area next week its 40 quid :thumbs: , also a few hours isnt  a full day is it :bye:

i am sure you are a good guy from what i have been reading but the truth is your  mate  doesn .t  no what he is doing :bye:   May be you should give him some friendly advice we are not all mugs out here :bye:

#12 smithie

smithie

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:57 pm

i dont think you should pay them as all will have to do this eventually. true enough they have done the leg work to get the land but its nothing nobody else can not do. i have air rifle and longnets but still i can get access to land for fox, pigeon etc. i dont see why others cant 

i see posts all the time with people begging permision or for a days shoot, personaly i think yer lazy gets and should be door knocking instead of sat on here. it will come if you put in the effort

#13 fenlandfieldsports

fenlandfieldsports

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:23 pm

i dont just offer pigeon shooting infact a small part of the company but very popular all the same ,but if i have a few lads going out makes sense to put out a few more guns so i always offer it out on the forums id never say to a client you will shoot 100s today although somedays theres certainly a good chance , but what you will get from me is put onto birds given as much advice as i can and left to do your thing but if the area drys up ill certainly go out of my way to get you back on the sport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users