waterproof overtrousers

Always have to borrow the old mans over trousers for beating and being out with terriers. Can anyone (especially the girls) recomend a good pair of over trousers that are suitable for a lass under 5'2" that wont look like clown trousers! Thanks

Guest Ditch_Shitter

How about a pair of made to measure, lined, wax proofed leggin's from WeatherWear ? I'm wearing mine as I write this. Because I live and die in them. Never take them off till bed time :good: Last ye years of hard wear. I had my first pair for about four years and only had to replace them following a nasty little accident in which I caught one on something without realising and wrenched my leg so hard I ripped it wide open ~ leggin, not my leg!

Drop me a line for the full address and phone number. Wolverhampton. Sends by post.

if your budget doesn't stretch to Taylor made pop along to your local tack shop most stock a range of water proofs for riders which have the same features a hunting ones nice deep pockets and internal ones to keep thing dry you can pick up a reasonable set for about 30 quid :D

You need something like these "chaps"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WAX-LEGGINGS-STUD-ON...1QQcmdZViewItem .

I can't vouch for their claims that they're waterproof, but these can be cut down to suit the leg. It's a shite photo, they normally look and fit better than that, they're are too low. Alternatively, any good farm shop will sell the plastic equivilent, which are ok.

You need something like these "chaps"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WAX-LEGGINGS-STUD-ON...1QQcmdZViewItem .

I can't vouch for their claims that they're waterproof, but these can be cut down to suit the leg. It's a shite photo, they normally look and fit better than that, they're are too low. Alternatively, any good farm shop will sell the plastic equivilent, which are ok.

them are the same ones that i bought craggy, same seller aswell. im not very impressed with them tbh. hardly any wax on them to start so i gave them a spray before the first use and they could do with anyother decent coating now. they are waterproof to an extent but if its just pissed down or your ourt and it is and the grass is high it soon gets through. especially on the knee and thigh area. rekon a pair of leggins would be a good option goverdog, mine have pop studs on the side so there adjustable in height.

id personaly save up for some off weatherware ones next time. i pm'd ditch before i got mine but opted on the cheaper ones and now wish i hadnt. they do sound like quality them ditch. have you got an email addy or web site that i could just have a look on regards prices?

cheers,

maty.

Well, that's those sorted out and the "review" section has done its job once again :thumbdown: . Sorry to hear that Maty, the ones I got from Chelford farm supplies are the plastic type and have been ok. I very rarely wear them these days, they just sit in the back of the car for emergencies. They're unbreathable and suffer with moisture but I got a hole punch into them down the inside of the leg and that's cured it. I now wear the pull on Sprayaway gortex type for out on the tops. They sit nicely in a bag that fastens to your belt. :thumbs: Sorry I couldn't offer any help Grover

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Maty ~ and anyone else who may need yet more telling before they just accept the facts ;) ~ Go Here That's a direct link to the FMWTC East Midlands sites Classifieds. Scroll down for WeatherWear's direct phone number and to see my own, earlier, review which they lifted from this forum some time ago.

I have the receipt for my new pair in front of me now. Dated 12/April/ 2007. They cost me 16.90, including postage into Eire.

And now, modelled by ye very own Ditch Shitter, here's an idea of how they look after three months solid of damn hard wear. And I haven't even dreamed of rewaxing them. Maybe in a few years time? I'd also point out they're nylon lined and so don't drag in wear either. In fact, I hardly know I have them on :good: That man Is God where wax wear's concerned. Please send him my very best regards :yes:

Best Kit Money Can Buy!

post-3041-1185393786.jpg

:good: