Bsa R10 Vc

d00dff0cf5ccfbb36312f4878ecaf1bd_zps96b1

Is this a normal amount of dirt, or just because its a new rifle? It probably had half a tin of pellets through it.

Keith

All new rifles will have factory gunk in them, I would give the barrel a really good clean, then stick a tin of pellets through it to bed it in.Some people like to clean their barrels after every so many tins of pellets.If its still shooting spot on I don't see the point................... :thumbs:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d00dff0cf5ccfbb36312f4878ecaf1bd_zps96b113ac.jpg

Is this a normal amount of dirt, or just because its a new rifle? It probably had half a tin of pellets through it.

Keith

All new rifles will have factory gunk in them, I would give the barrel a really good clean, then stick a tin of pellets through it to bed it in.Some people like to clean their barrels after every so many tins of pellets.If its still shooting spot on I don't see the point................... :thumbs:

Thank you Mr Hood,

Do you think that's just gunk then not normal amount

of dirt from a pull through?

:) ok barrel all clean and lubricated and just tried it out, it affected the poi slightly and is more consistent in it's grouping.

So if its NEW clean the barrel first.

Yes...Then stick some pellets ( 30 - 50 ) through it to lead the barrel.If you cant get a good group , clean and repeat with a different pellet ie Bisley Mags, AA Fields, JSB Exacts until your happy............... :D

:) ok barrel all clean and lubricated and just tried it out, it affected the poi slightly and is more consistent in it's grouping.

So if its NEW clean the barrel first.

Yes...Then stick some pellets ( 30 - 50 ) through it to lead the barrel.If you cant get a good group , clean and repeat with a different pellet ie Bisley Mags, AA Fields, JSB Exacts until your happy............... :D

I will be emailing the supplier of the rifle ( clean the barrel before you sell it) ill lead it up with a few different pellets before I decide the best pellet for it.