pigeon shooting

got home from work on Saturday and decided to have a look around for pigeons , put the decoys and gun in the car and started to have a drive around looking at some of the corn fields , after about an hour looking around finally found a field with a few pigeons pitching in , gave the farmer a ring no answer so carried on driving around his land to see if i could find him , half an hour later i found him combining a field of rape so i waited for him to empty the combine into the trailer and walked up to him to ask about the field with the pigeons in , finally got permission from him at about 2 0clock , drove back to the field , as i started to drive across the field about 80 pigeons lifted from the corner which you cant see from the road , i set my hide up a a safe distance from the road and a little distance from where the pigeons had lifted from , set up my decoy pattern then jumped back in the car to park it the opposite side of the field , i must of only walked about 20 yards from the car when i could see the pigeons start to pitch in to my decoys , finally back to my hide i made myself comfy in my seat and started to roll a smoke [ as soon as the tobacco tin comes out guarantee the pigeons come in ] , with that the first birds came in frantically trying to get my tin to the floor with out wasting it grabbed the gun and let all 3 shots off with out hitting anything :icon_redface: [ great start ] , after missing about 15 birds i moved my seat at a bit of an angle to my decoy pattern and soon the birds began the fold :gunsmilie: , after about 2 hours i ran out of shots which was lucky because i had promised the wife i wouldn't be late because she had to go to work , so i started to strip my hide with the pigeons still coming in :cry: , i picked up 62 from the field and i had lost about 10 birds over the hedge in the opposite field and onto the road so i drove around to see if i could find any of them , only managed to find 2 , as i walked back to the car which was parked in a gateway just down the road i stopped to look over the hedge the opposite side of the road which was set aside , a young fawn was about 50 yards out in the field shouting for its mother so i stood the watching to see if she came out of hiding , after a couple of minutes the youngsters ears seemed to perk up and it trundled across the field through a gate into a field of rape , with that my phone rang [the missus :big_boss: ] moaning that she will be late if i don't get home soon , the final count was 64 the best afternoon in a very long time.