Come Dawn Come Dusk. By Norman Mursell

I have two books from Norman Mursell on my bookshelf : Forgotten Skills and Come Dusk, Come Dawn. Ordered them both from the UK, really good read :thumbs: Love those old characters and their skills.

Now I have to look for the other two titles :hmm:

DSCI1322_zpsd56abe36.jpg

Plus some of the books I have about poaching.....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I worked on a game farm in Cheshire after leaving school and my boss had been friends with Norman. He lent me a signed copy of come dawn come dusk.

Last year I had a days hunting on the Eaton estate and it was interesting to walk through the woods named in the book...also a few of the local farmers were happy to talk about Norman when I asked.

• Like 2

I worked on a game farm in Cheshire after leaving school and my boss had been friends with Norman. He lent me a signed copy of come dawn come dusk.

Last year I had a days hunting on the Eaton estate and it was interesting to walk through the woods named in the book...also a few of the local farmers were happy to talk about Norman when I asked.

Great stuff Dido, i've been on Eaton for a look around several times too but unfortunatly it's been dark and i wasn't taking the 'scenic routs'...

I would love to have the chance of visiting the woods and fields mentioned in the books.

Normans grandaughter came on the site after reading that people from here were reading her grandfathers books. I think her post is on the Green & Pleasant Land thred? ;)

Edited to add, it was this thred, first page.