46 replies to this topic

#31 stroller

stroller

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:48 am

Can you not just shoot the baboons? From a safe distance with a 50 cal machine gun ;0). They were becoming a problem in some parts of Saudi when i was there in the 90s, where they were kept as pets when small then released when there teeth became as long as carving knives. Powerful pack animals i wouldnt like to meet a pissed off adult face to face

#32 victory01

victory01

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:24 am

we're tried everything but unless you want to wait out all day and only shoot one or two. With dogs they put them up trees and power lines we keep up with the dogs on bikes and the cruiser if you can shoot more then five in a week then they don't come back for a while, but shoot one and they're but the next day.

and it is good fun 

#33 victory01

victory01

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:26 am

http://s1352.beta.ph...html?sort=3&o=2

some of our dogs 

• pattstaff and steve123 like this

#34 General lee

General lee

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:17 pm

Why would you want to shoot them when you can use proper dogs and hunt them some dogs die hunting dangerous game but I bet if they had the chance they would do it again there brave animals doing what they love

#35 foxing machine

foxing machine

Big Brother Fan

• Donator
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:07 pm

yes mate i was out with the bull greyhound last week took on a black bear and to my suprise he lost and was killed haha lol :laugh:  :victory: loads of bears in cumbria

#36 forest of dean redneck

forest of dean redneck

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 10,712 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:21 am

Why would you want to shoot them when you can use proper dogs and hunt them some dogs die hunting dangerous game but I bet if they had the chance they would do it again there brave animals doing what they love

Because the mans going to have a high turnover of dogs otherwise,a male baboon will face off a leopard,so it's going to rip a dog a new arsehole very quickly.

#37 dogs-n-natives

dogs-n-natives

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:07 pm

I was wondering why a hound or baying type wasnt employed, personally Id be gutted loosing so many dogs... I work my dogs, but I also quite like them lol

• scothunter and Ideation like this

#38 General lee

General lee

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:25 pm

If hes hunting baboons with dogs that can't handle baboons he needs to get dogs that can

#39 victory01

victory01

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:46 pm

baying dogs dont really work with baboons they change there behaviour to suit. our dogs put them up trees but when we arrive they jump into the dogs because the understand that we shoot them, if that dog cant defend its self or help  the other dogs it will get, hurt the same with pigs if they bay them in the bush it takes us a long time to get there and thats when bad things happen 

a big male baboon is stronger faster and much cleaver then any dog I've seen them wait for smaller baboons to get caught by the dogs then when there mouths are full they jump in 

its not easy like hunting furry people ;)  

• dogs-n-natives, Ideation and jack2o like this

#40 ranchobendecido

ranchobendecido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:07 pm

Never killed...

• stag runner likes this

#41 delswal

delswal

Northern Orang-utan

• Donator
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:31 pm

my grandfathers dog was killed by a monkey .........he hunted that monkey down..........hung the monkey when he caught it .....the rest is history  ;)

#42 j1985

j1985

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:38 pm

One of my dogs was killed by a leopard in the woods down the road from my house once. A tremendous battle it was, borderline epic but Flossy the yorkie just couldnt handle this big black beast and died a warriors death bleeding out from a torn ear!

I don't tell people though as they won't believe me!

Edited by j1985, 06 May 2013 - 07:38 pm.

#43 scothunter

scothunter

Super Duper Stormtrooper

• Donator
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:50 pm

my grandfathers dog was killed by a monkey .........he hunted that monkey down..........hung the monkey when he caught it .....the rest is history  ;)

LOL HARTLEPOOL

#44 delswal

delswal

Northern Orang-utan

• Donator
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:52 pm

so now you know scothunter.........sssshhhhh they still blame the french  :angel:

#45 Astanley

Astanley

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:07 pm

so now you know scothunter.........sssshhhhh they still blame the french  :angel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users