Have You Ever Had A Dog Killed?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

funnily enough no

had a rabbit get me dog in a death lock one night was alright though he turned his self out of it and ran back to me shit me self

Heard of a beddy whippet that took a good kicking off a summer lamped hare. Unfortunitly the dog died from its injuries..   Lad bought a bull cross and smashes everything now, only in the summer.

Aye born hunter I thought the dog was a dead un.

And yeah, wolves in North America are a royal pain in the arse from what I hear, they even home in on hunting hounds to eat their quarry and the hounds themselves. f**k that. Im taking the dogs hunting in Canada shortly, and I would rather not get them all eaten by wolves! Touch wood.

Aye born hunter I thought the dog was a dead un.

And yeah, wolves in North America are a royal pain in the arse from what I hear, they even home in on hunting hounds to eat their quarry and the hounds themselves. f**k that. Im taking the dogs hunting in Canada shortly, and I would rather not get them all eaten by wolves! Touch wood.

yeh keep a eye on'em over there . Dan on here said that 90 lb stag can have a hard time with a 35lb yote, so a 100lb wolf dog got no chance, just like them pics ,suppose thats why they only have bit of bull in the stags, as trying to fight them more than kill them no dog wouldnt last long.!!

about five of our dogs have been killed by warthog baboon and bushpig

I went out with an local guy bushpig took seven of his dogs in two days we got two bush pig out of it

we now have three dogs out of action from baboon yesterday

I know a few operators in South Africa, and they dont suffer many losses to bush pig, shame when it happens, but its not the norm to have numbers like that killed. In general bush pigs are bailed up and shot without issue.

Hopefully one day I will get down there and have a go myself, but Id rather a catch dog and knife, f**k the gun

I have a few photos but i'm still trying work out how to get them up

they do have very good dogs in sa but they are expensive to import here. We hunt in maze, wheat and soya beans and weather we use dogs or stalk them I've never known heard of bush pig or baboons being bailed up with out issue, wart hog are a little easier but when you're hunting in 40 hector pivots its tough

most of our dogs are given to us free (two days ago we were given two female masstiveX bull terriers imported from Barbados of all places) and the local hunters dogs look like strays and are under fed but they do kill pigs

I know a few pro guides that use small beagle types, that bay up bush pig great. I could put you in touch with them if you like. I hope to come over one day and get some good hunting.

I didnt realise you were working catch dogs... do you use breast plates/cut collars with them?

best way to upload pics is by uploading them to a photobucket.com account then copy and paste the bottom link into forum posts, hope that helps

I wasnt hunting but spent a fair bit of time on a farm in zimbabwe and had some nasty moments with baboons. They'd wind the dogs up to chase them and once they were far enough away from us would turn back onto them, never saw a dog killed but a few injuries and alot of nervewracking moments. The noise a troop of baboons makes when they are upset is something else. Stands your hair on end!

Had a young dog trampled to death by cows many years ago..........the silly b*****d who was " looking after " the dog for me let it off and the dog run into the next field and started on the cows.............silly bollocks arse went and just froze to the spot !