Nimrod Attacks Fox Lampers

I presume the ground nesting bird comment was aimed at me,well I can assure you on ground where I control the foxes,I also shoot a hell of a lot of corvids,a good amount of rats every year,and of course tree rats,so your argument about not addressing other predetors,(certainly in my situation)does not hold water,and are you trying to tell me that (obviously pre ban) that your man with his foxing lurcher, would pass up the chance to have a good run on charlie,on the grounds that they really did not need controlling on that particular bit of ground?get real,everyone has different rules and conditions imposed by farmers/landowners,and if I am asked one a certain permission to shoot the foxes,then I will,on the flip side if asked not to shoot them I wont,simple,now can you see the big picture?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DanW pretty much summed up how I feel about this and time and time again I've clashed with these Warrener wannabe types on here (Riflemen and dogmen). I haven't read the article so can't comment on Ni

I stopped reading that rag when they gave space to poacher watch

But for some it is a new sport they watch a few dvd read a couple of the shooting comics and think there the f***ing warrener fact is plenty of land don't need fox control at all yet they still feel t

Posted Images

I got 2 things to say on this whole topic, 1,

To the guys that think a man with a .22 is going to wipe out entire rabbit populations, think again. It doesn't happen that way.

Yes he will get a few, probably a lot, but then they get gun shy even from a near silent .22,.

I've been on farms where there has been a big rabbit problem, no way could I shoot the buggers off and this was inspite of it also being bothered by several groups of dogmen operating without permission.

Only ferreting cleared them out.

And secondly and this was what I actually wanted to say;

Forget about Nimrod or any other anti or right/left of centre individual you can mention, there is one major risk to our sport that no one here has mentioned.

It's you, the average sporting life punter that puts up pictures of foxes in bloody tatters, chewed up rabbits and hares etc, we are our own worst enemy. It doesn't matter how humanely or legally they have been shot, those images portray us as as blood thirsty, cruel individuals who should be stopped.

You may disagree but ask any bunny hugger or more importantly any normally disposed person what they think of some of the images shown in this section.

It's not wrong what we legally and properly do, what is wrong is to bask in it and publish it in a way that is open to all.

There's always the argument that this and similar sites should be closed forums, but it wouldn't help, too easy to gain access.

Edited by cyclonebri1

Charlie it's just all about you aint it lol.

Why do you continually refer back to lurchermen as if they are to be singled out for criticism?

Seeing the bigger picture I know that if people acted as you profess to there would be no issue but thing is they don't do they if they did you would never hear for folks shooting, digging or coursing fox off permission or hearing folks say I like to keep the fox numbers down yet have no genuine reason for it.

P.s just so we are clear my opinion isn't restricted to fox it can stand for any species if it aint harming a invested interest then it has as much right to live as anything else

• Like 4

Why do you continually refer back to lurchermen as if they are to be singled out for criticism?

Seeing the bigger picture I know that if people acted as you profess to there would be no issue but thing is they don't do they if they did you would never hear for folks shooting, digging or coursing fox off permission or hearing folks say I like to keep the fox numbers down yet have no genuine reason for it.

P.s just so we are clear my opinion isn't restricted to fox it can stand for any species if it aint harming a invested interest then it has as much right to live as anything else

Well actually yes it is,(just kidding) I am afraid I have very little control over what my fellow sportsmen do,so yes I take your point,as I have stated I will always have a love for lurchers,(and have trained to a very high standard) and will perhaps have another one day,so I am not picking on lurchermen,however some of the critical comments do appear to have come from the artisan hunting camp,aimed at people who choose to follow a branch of field sports, using a firearm,at the risk of repeating myself,sour grapes,do seem to play a large part in what otherwise would be quite an interesting debate,but thankfully we are all entitled to our own opinion,and long may it continue.

Well actually yes it is,(just kidding) I am afraid I have very little control over what my fellow sportsmen do,so yes I take your point,as I have stated I will always have a love for lurchers,(and have trained to a very high standard) and will perhaps have another one day,so I am not picking on lurchermen,however some of the critical comments do appear to have come from the artisan hunting camp,aimed at people who choose to follow a branch of field sports, using a firearm,at the risk of repeating myself,sour grapes,do seem to play a large part in what otherwise would be quite an interesting debate,but thankfully we are all entitled to our own opinion,and long may it continue.

People are throwing out their experiences and your calling them bullshitters fella. For christ sake give it a rest. There's good and bad in all sports. Don't get so defensive of your shooting, you might be suprised some of those you are calling bullshitters shoot as well as hunt.

Dan, quick simple question for you; do you accept hunting purely for sport? I follow your belief that if something is doing no harm, despite being on the general license, why kill it just for the crack. But at the same time I have no problem with somebody hunting purely for the love of the hunt, fox hounds, a lad mooching about with a couple terriers and lurchers for a fox, just stuff purely for sport. Then I kinda find it hard to say why a chap with a gun shouldn't be allowed to do the same?

I guess the difference for me is a rifle can kill a hell of a lot more and far less discriminatly than dogs will. I love my shooting as much as the next man but I find it hard to justify shooting purely for sport, whereas mooching about during the day (even though there's no need to kill what I'm hunting) with the dogs just sits right with me, providing it's a fair hunt (but that's not hard, my dogs are shite :laugh: ).

:thumbs:

• Like 1

People are throwing out their experiences and your calling them bullshitters fella. For christ sake give it a rest. There's good and bad in all sports. Don't get so defensive of your shooting, you might be suprised some of those you are calling bullshitters shoot as well as hunt.

Well if you think generalisation like saying the majority of shooters throw away most of what they shoot is not bullshit,then thats your perogative,good and bad in all sports,is that not what I have been saying from the beggining of this symposium,and yes I am well aware of the fact that many shoot and hunt,myself included,but thankyou for pointing this out to me.

Well if you think generalisation like saying the majority of shooters throw away most of what they shoot is not bullshit,then thats your perogative,good and bad in all sports,is that not what I have been saying from the beggining of this symposium,and yes I am well aware of the fact that many shoot and hunt,myself included,but thankyou for pointing this out to me.

Who generalised? I know that I said, most the shooters I know (more accurately "in my experience")! I wasn't making any sweeping statements. And I stand by my comment, most the shooters I know couldn't give a feck about a rabbit or pigeon they shot, they're not dedicated rabbit or pigeon shooters but the ones they do whack tend to get left unless they happen to know of someone that wants them. And again, it wouldn't be the first time I have found fields scattered with .22 shot rabbits left to rot in the sun. You're either ignorant or blind.

Edited by Born Hunter

Bh thats no such an easy question as would appear and since I make my living from just that it will be hard not to look a hypocrite, I don't have a problem with hunting for sport if the ground requires the animal being hunted to be controlled makes no difference to me be it gun or dog .

So not to look hypocritical I should say that I don't consider driven game hunting lol

Bh thats no such an easy question as would appear and since I make my living from just that it will be hard not to look a hypocrite, I don't have a problem with hunting for sport if the ground requires the animal being hunted to be controlled makes no difference to me be it gun or dog .

So not to look hypocritical I should say that I don't consider driven game hunting lol

LOL, It makes ya think a bit doesn't it. As with most things it comes down to what sits right with your conscience, and that's not always logical. :thumbs:

• Like 1

LOL, It makes ya think a bit doesn't it. As with most things it comes down to what sits right with your conscience, and that's not always logical. :thumbs:

On that point we do agree,but thankfully I am neither ignorant or blind,I just dont happen to know/shoot/hunt with anyone who behaves like that I am pleased to say.

On that point we do agree,but thankfully I am neither ignorant or blind,I just dont happen to know/shoot/hunt with anyone who behaves like that I am pleased to say.

Like what? I agree anyone killing edible game and not using is wrong. But on the other hand there are many people who do leave game lying around for vermin too eat. Whether you know them or not. And the point is that is not wrong, its part and parcel of life in the country.

That is your opinion,and you are entitled to it,however it is not one I share,thankfully.Good hunting.

What do you mean by "thankfully".....what are you saying about folk that do decide shoot things and leave them in the hope that vermin wont target there investment? Ive a funny feeling your a stubborn one and although its been pointed out to you that your views are wrong by a few members now that feeding vermin 'does' go on around the country and its not seen as "just leaving dead game lying" around!!!