Nimrod Attacks Fox Lampers

Well all I can say is this leaving things to feed vermin,with the exeption of baiting foxes is an entirely new concept to me and one that disgusts me,I can assure anyone, that leaving shot game,(with the exeption of a myxied rabbit perhaps) is not a practice carried out by myself or anyone I shoot with,I have utmost sympathy with anyone who has had there land denuded of game by anyone,with a rifle or otherwise,but please dont tar us all with the same brush,after all what would be left to fly the hawk on if we all did that :thumbs:

You've never heard of people shooting and leaving game for vermin too eat? Are you new to the countryside?

Perhaps charlie caller hasn't heard of the langholm project

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DanW pretty much summed up how I feel about this and time and time again I've clashed with these Warrener wannabe types on here (Riflemen and dogmen). I haven't read the article so can't comment on Ni

I stopped reading that rag when they gave space to poacher watch

But for some it is a new sport they watch a few dvd read a couple of the shooting comics and think there the f***ing warrener fact is plenty of land don't need fox control at all yet they still feel t

Posted Images

Well all I can say is this leaving things to feed vermin,with the exeption of baiting foxes is an entirely new concept to me and one that disgusts me,I can assure anyone, that leaving shot game,(with the exeption of a myxied rabbit perhaps) is not a practice carried out by myself or anyone I shoot with,I have utmost sympathy with anyone who has had there land denuded of game by anyone,with a rifle or otherwise,but please dont tar us all with the same brush,after all what would be left to fly the hawk on if we all did that :thumbs:

You've never heard of people shooting and leaving game for vermin too eat? Are you new to the countryside?

Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

How many hound packs when deciding there meet cards or where they were drawing any given day, did so by working out whether the fox`s needed controlling or not?

So why should a lad with a lurcher be any different?

As for rifles i have one here i use to show face with the farmers during the summer,Not really my sport,But i wouldn't really knock it.Have had some good permission over the years get absolutely destroyed by the rifle lads,I find it hard to understand why some one would go back to the same farm again and again until they have killed every living rabbit and fox.

I don't know how many packs do that and I can only draw on my own personal experiences but if you know your country and get to know the various farmers you know which ones like you to mop a few up when you're on their patch and which ones are happy to keep foxes on their ground, quite often at meets (pre-ban) farmers will come up and say "have anything you can please the buggers been at my chickens/lambs" or "anything goes to ground please leave it" that's how simple it is.

Yes of course,As i have a love of hounds if not all the lads that follow them i will bow out of this one.

But to condem somthing when you did the same, in a different way aint right.

On another note a pack of hounds that used to show the best sport consistently,Iheard of was a pack that had so many other lads hunting the foxs you would think they would be extinct,Leaving only the strong and maybe bigger territories maybe meaning dog foxs travling further to find mates,As well as a more wary fox.Thats my theory any way.Not that that would effect any of the the foxs are ours ,do as i say not what i do type. :angel:

How many hound packs when deciding there meet cards or where they were drawing any given day, did so by working out whether the fox`s needed controlling or not?

As for rifles i have one here i use to show face with the farmers during the summer,Not really my sport,But i wouldn't really knock it.Have had some good permission over the years get absolutely destroyed by the rifle lads,I find it hard to understand why some one would go back to the same farm again and again until they have killed every living rabbit and fox.

I don't know how many packs do that and I can only draw on my own personal experiences but if you know your country and get to know the various farmers you know which ones like you to mop a few up when you're on their patch and which ones are happy to keep foxes on their ground, quite often at meets (pre-ban) farmers will come up and say "have anything you can please the buggers been at my chickens/lambs" or "anything goes to ground please leave it" that's how simple it is.

what happens when the farmer says take them and his mrs then comes over and says every thing too ground leave lol...................?

seen that before .lol

even worse when there be those that follow hunts ,and even work hand in hand terrier side . then low and behold on given occasions shoot the red fellow under the lamp . lots of underhanded sorts preban i think the word is hypocrits ,atb bunnys.

what happens when the farmer says take them and his mrs then comes over and says every thing too ground leave lol...................?

seen that before .lol

ive had worse on a farm i had permision on a while ago, the farm was run by father and son, the father would say leave the foxs for the hunt and the son would say kill all you can find, damned if you do and damned if you dont :laugh:

Erm let me think,I was ferreting at 10,and air rifle shooting at 12,first shotgun at 14,and over the years I have participated in most country sports,and IM 46 now so perhaps not new eh?And of courseI have heard of Langholm project,what I was trying to get over is the fact that I was brought up to take and eat or give away, edible game,so when people start talking utter Bo--ocks,saying the majority of shooters leave their shot game out for vermin to eat,they are either bitter and twisted dogmen,upset(understandably,as I love me lurchers)or they must be shooting with some very strange people.

Nahh your dead right the majority of shooters/dog men don't leave game out as diversionary feed.

They leave it through sheer f***ing ignorance

Edited by danw
  • Like 1

This Nimrod fella is out of order to go doing that in any publication.

On the other topic this seems to have morphed into - the only time charlie would catch any slack from me is the brief window when cubs are likely to be dependant on the vixen. Having said that I wouldn't think twice shooting the cubs on top of the earth. The rest of the year i'd shoot them on sight and aim to keep them down. I don't see anything wrong with this, even where they aren't a threat to livestock - arable land, golf course etc - wherever... they're vermin and others will always fill the vaccume. The issue of 'Respect' seems to be banded around a lot by those that resent their sport being taken by someone else, thats not respect, its envy.

The real issue of respect comes after the event. Always follow up wounded, always use edible quarry where possible and considerately dispose of anything else. People with lower standards pollute both sides and ignorance is no excuse.

• Like 1

You've just completely contradicted yourself there, one minute you've never heard of people feeding off vermin, the next you have?......... But that'll be me talking more bollocks. :thumbs:

Well yes it will,feeding OFF vermin,are you perhaps reffering to starving people eating rats or some other type of Vermin?how very confusing,please explain how I have contradicted myself,I think you have made yourself look rather silly there old boy,you know very well what I was talking about,the idiots who leave EDIBLE game to rot,instead of taking it home,of which according to certain people there must be loads in every village,and the countryside (obviously post ban)must be reeling at the reek of rotting cadavers,what a load of fu--ing nonsense.

On the other topic this seems to have morphed into - the only time charlie would catch any slack from me is the brief window when cubs are likely to be dependant on the vixen. Having said that I wouldn't think twice shooting the cubs on top of the earth. The rest of the year i'd shoot them on sight and aim to keep them down. I don't see anything wrong with this, even where they aren't a threat to livestock - arable land, golf course etc - wherever... they're vermin and others will always fill the vaccume. The issue of 'Respect' seems to be banded around a lot by those that resent their sport being taken by someone else, thats not respect, its envy.

The real issue of respect comes after the event. Always follow up wounded, always use edible quarry where possible and considerately dispose of anything else. People with lower standards pollute both sides and ignorance is no excuse.

Well said that man,I could not agree more.

You've just completely contradicted yourself there, one minute you've never heard of people feeding off vermin, the next you have?......... But that'll be me talking more bollocks. :thumbs:

Well yes it will,feeding OFF vermin,are you perhaps reffering to starving people eating rats or some other type of Vermin?how very confusing,please explain how I have contradicted myself,I think you have made yourself look rather silly there old boy,you know very well what I was talking about,the idiots who leave EDIBLE game to rot,instead of taking it home,of which according to certain people there must be loads in every village,and the countryside (obviously post ban)must be reeling at the reek of rotting cadavers,what a load of fu--ing nonsense.

Quite clearly you know best fella. :thumbs:

Quite clearly you know best fella. :thumbs:

Thankyou, yes I have always thought so.

And there's the bit I just don't get you see nothing wrong with killing an animal on ground where it isn't a pest just to keep numbers down??

To me its as bad as those that believe smacking the odd fox will somehow save ground nesting birds they then fail to address any other predator or make environmental change.

I guess there will always be those of us that see the bigger picture and there will always be those who just can't or won't.

• Like 5