Nimrod Attacks Fox Lampers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DanW pretty much summed up how I feel about this and time and time again I've clashed with these Warrener wannabe types on here (Riflemen and dogmen). I haven't read the article so can't comment on Ni

I stopped reading that rag when they gave space to poacher watch

But for some it is a new sport they watch a few dvd read a couple of the shooting comics and think there the f***ing warrener fact is plenty of land don't need fox control at all yet they still feel t

Posted Images

never hunted with hounds shooting and gun dogs + ferreting my thing but I did go to the march/rally in support of the boys in red coats :hmm:

and so did I a fact that seems lost on the likes of mr nimrod,I rather thought we were all marching for each other :hmm:

the thing is I would do it again got to think of the bigger picture

• Like 2

I have no love for the trigger finger men....Crack the slip led any day...

as a dog man you may be in the majority of posters on this site but not in the world of fieldsports. If you want to have any chance at all of your voice been heard you'v got to have the support of ALL of the rest of us .I know we failed against the ban and I don't think it will be overturned but we got to stop the anti's from nibbling away at our sport and lifestyle

• Like 3

I totally agree with the above comments,the holier than thou attitude of some dog men seems farcical to me,the truth is I have probably forgotten more about training a lurcher to a very high standard than a lot of them,I love the sport,and would have another tomorrow if my circumstances were different,how long must people keep saying it, if you cast a fly,run a dog,fly a hawk,shoot a shotgun,hunt with hounds,I dont give a fu-k if we dont all stand as a united front WE WILL LOSE THE THINGS WE HOLD MOST DEAR,please try and get that through your thick skulls,attacking other fieldsports is just what the antis want us to do,WE ARE ALL HUNTERS.

• Like 5

Well Said charlie caller, why cant people see what they are doing when they do not stick together. I think nimrod has last the plot , in that article in countrymans weekly he was sounding more and more like a anti, every time he opens his mouth it gets worse. I had a years subscription to c/ weekly I will NOT be having it again. I get fed up to the teeth of so called sportmen from all of the different sports bad mouthing any sport that they do not have any intrest in . STICK TOGETHER OR WE WILL HAVE IT TAKEN FROM US.

• Like 1

i havent looked at countrymans for many a long year, infact not long after it changed from good old shooting news but why dont those of you who read or subscribe write to the editor and have a moan about this nimrod plonker? you might get them to write some more sensibe, balanced articles or even some sort of retraction? especially if enough people do write in?

• Like 2

i have written to the editor via email with my concerns about the comments made by "dimrod" it will be nice to see what they come back with if they come back with anything.

hopefully they will take action to try and stop this type of bigoted and stupid comments in an publication that whether you like it or not, a lot of the young blood coming in to the sport reads.

Like it or lump it, when it was allowed a fox hunted by hounds either lives or dies there and then. No matter how competent a shot someone is you will either kill it cleanly, miss it cleanly or the third option that lies between the two.. It's a un arguable fact I'm afraid.. Maybe he worded it wrongly in his artical,??? I for one don't know as I don't waste my money on that shite publication..

I'm not saying either is right or wrong before someone gets a Hardon about my post, lol

any thoughts .well my thoughts are he is partly right i enjoy the aspects of hunting with lurchers before the ban and shooting with rifles and shotguns with a lot of people .and people that think they are some sort of sniper and top shot shooting at long distances are maiming and hurting foxes ,in which case they are running of and left to die and same with people with shotguns not putting the right cartridge in there shotguns which a good few times this year I have been out shooting with the rifle ,when i have shot them and skinned them off i have found they have been shot with a shotgun and found that the wrong cartridge has been put in and number 6,s have been found instead of treble a and bb ,s ,i know we all should stick together in the field sport or hunting community but i think that before people get there fac or shotgun certificate they should be made to go on a 1 day course to show that they can shoot correctly before they get there ticket issued

What so did nobody shoot foxes then before the hunting ban? and all the beleugered dog men have now all gone out and got a rifle,crap just as many got shot pre ban as now,the only difference is that magazines like sporting rifle ect have concentrated several pages on foxing, giving the impression that lamping foxes is a new branch of our sport,WELL IT ISNT.

What so did nobody shoot foxes then before the hunting ban? and all the beleugered dog men have now all gone out and got a rifle,crap just as many got shot pre ban as now,the only difference is that magazines like sporting rifle ect have concentrated several pages on foxing, giving the impression that lamping foxes is a new branch of our sport,WELL IT ISNT.

But for some it is a new sport they watch a few dvd read a couple of the shooting comics and think there the f***ing warrener fact is plenty of land don't need fox control at all yet they still feel the need to smack every fox that dare poke its head up.

At the end of the day though its up to each persons concience I wont spare a fox but then thats my job others however hide behind some bullshite pretence of pest control and concervation to excuse there actions.

• Like 8
Guest Leveller

DanW pretty much summed up how I feel about this and time and time again I've clashed with these Warrener wannabe types on here (Riflemen and dogmen). I haven't read the article so can't comment on Nimrod's specific words and I am not anti-fox control even hough my main interest is hunting with hounds. If a gamekeeper controls foxes on his land that's his job and his choice about how he does the job, trapping, terriers, night shooting etc are all legal effective weapons in his armoury. If a farmer keeps losing lambs, fowls then the same thing applies he has every right to do what he chooses to protect his livelihood.

What I do disagree with and I feel strongly about it is the muppets with no real need to be out with guns or dogs killing foxes that as DanW stated don't need controlling.

How many times have I seen a post on here someone has gone out stalking and shot a cub or a brace of foxes even though their intention was to bag a deer they can't resist pulling the trigger when anything else gets in their sights why?.

People that have a bit of permission and will go out "to see what's about" why?.

There seems to be a strong feeling that that by being anti-muppet you are in fact attacking another mans sport so firstly I need to positively differentiate between legitamite pest control and warrener wannabe muppets. I am anti muppet everytime, the argument for attacking fox shooters sport stands no ground whatsoever and the irony is enough in itself but if you can't see it I will explain BY NEEDLESSLY SHOOTING FOXES YOU ARE BY YOUR OWN ACTIONS ATTACKING ANOTHER MAN SPORT (pre-ban).

I also remember a few years back the Warrener had an advert in one of the fieldsports mags where he was depicted in a "Wanted poster" claiming to be wanted by Masters of Foxhounds for shooting thousands of foxes but I guess it's alright for your hero to attempt to shoot as many foxes as he can therefore blatantly ruining sport of many others and then rubbing their noses in it.

I have friends who are keepers they shoot foxes that's fine I wish they didn't but then they probably wish I didn't do so much to preserve foxes but I would stand up for their way of life and vice versa but don't ever ask me to stand up for the needless killers, the warrener wannabe muppets they have no respect from me and no place in the countryside be it with dog or gun.

• Like 10

DanW pretty much summed up how I feel about this and time and time again I've clashed with these Warrener wannabe types on here (Riflemen and dogmen). I haven't read the article so can't comment on Nimrod's specific words and I am not anti-fox control even hough my main interest is hunting with hounds. If a gamekeeper controls foxes on his land that's his job and his choice about how he does the job, trapping, terriers, night shooting etc are all legal effective weapons in his armoury. If a farmer keeps losing lambs, fowls then the same thing applies he has every right to do what he chooses to protect his livelihood.

What I do disagree with and I feel strongly about it is the muppets with no real need to be out with guns or dogs killing foxes that as DanW stated don't need controlling.

How many times have I seen a post on here someone has gone out stalking and shot a cub or a brace of foxes even though their intention was to bag a deer they can't resist pulling the trigger when anything else gets in their sights why?.

People that have a bit of permission and will go out "to see what's about" why?.

There seems to be a strong feeling that that by being anti-muppet you are in fact attacking another mans sport so firstly I need to positively differentiate between legitamite pest control and warrener wannabe muppets. I am anti muppet everytime, the argument for attacking fox shooters sport stands no ground whatsoever and the irony is enough in itself but if you can't see it I will explain BY NEEDLESSLY SHOOTING FOXES YOU ARE BY YOUR OWN ACTIONS ATTACKING ANOTHER MAN SPORT (pre-ban).

I also remember a few years back the Warrener had an advert in one of the fieldsports mags where he was depicted in a "Wanted poster" claiming to be wanted by Masters of Foxhounds for shooting thousands of foxes but I guess it's alright for your hero to attempt to shoot as many foxes as he can therefore blatantly ruining sport of many others and then rubbing their noses in it.

I have friends who are keepers they shoot foxes that's fine I wish they didn't but then they probably wish I didn't do so much to preserve foxes but I would stand up for their way of life and vice versa but don't ever ask me to stand up for the needless killers, the warrener wannabe muppets they have no respect from me and no place in the countryside be it with dog or gun.

very good post, the difference is some people just want to kill and some see when theres a need to kill, take my own circumstances, i run lurchers and shoot. rabbit and rat control is a yearly thing around the farms and yards, but foxs only become a target at certain times or when a problem occurs, like christmas time, one of the farms rears turkeys so foxs get attracted and need to be delt with, the same in lambing season. then theres the odd chicken killer around the small holdings, the rest of the year im quite happy to take pohoto`s and enjoy our native fox. i went into a local wood the other monday after some lads had been roosting on the sunday, every pigeon they had shot was left where it had fallen, why shoot something just for the sake of shooting it???

post-896-0-78041200-1362383107.jpg

post-896-0-32077700-1362383114.jpg

post-896-0-09197500-1362383121.jpg