Nimrod Attacks Fox Lampers

I read the latest edition of countrymans weekly 20 feb 13 the journal of nimrod, where he seems to have this silly idea (im keeping it clean as im new on here) that hunting with hounds seems to be the only viable way to hunt fox. even to the point where he states that the ban has encouraged a new breed of fox hunter that leaves their quarry limping off to die elsewhere. please read it and see for yourself, it is stupid comments like that will come back to haunt us as they will be used by the antis.

any thoughts.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DanW pretty much summed up how I feel about this and time and time again I've clashed with these Warrener wannabe types on here (Riflemen and dogmen). I haven't read the article so can't comment on Ni

I stopped reading that rag when they gave space to poacher watch

But for some it is a new sport they watch a few dvd read a couple of the shooting comics and think there the f***ing warrener fact is plenty of land don't need fox control at all yet they still feel t

Posted Images

I read the latest edition of countrymans weekly 20 feb 13 the journal of nimrod, where he seems to have this silly idea (im keeping it clean as im new on here) that hunting with hounds seems to be the only viable way to hunt fox. even to the point where he states that the ban has encouraged a new breed of fox hunter that leaves their quarry limping off to die elsewhere. please read it and see for yourself, it is stupid comments like that will come back to haunt us as they will be used by the antis.

any thoughts.

He defo' must get his info from here then..... :yes:

He has done it before in shooting times,I think (and I do have some sympathy) that it is largely sour grapes over the hunting act, my problem with his comments are the fact that the guy is a deerstalker,so does he leave his quarry to limp off after being shot? I can say with some certainty,having shot a fair few deer and foxes,that foxes are the easiest to kill outright,(not that I have had the misfortune to have a deer run) so I think the mans comments are based on sour grapes not on facts,and I dont see the merit in attacking another mans sport.

We need to look out for each other more than ever, with so many bunny huggers about, i,ve been accused of hare coursing just because i,m out with my lurcher ( wish he could catch one lol) also been accused of digging brock when i,m ferreting, little knowledge is dangerous

To be fair as soon as people get cought digging badgers or lamping deer theres a massive fuss made but the lads that go out with rifles have been known to shoot sheep farmed deer allsorts. I remember when i was working on a shooting estate in lambourn and the keeper said they had been out with the rifles the night before and showed me a pic of 23 hares and 6 fox. Pulled in a gateway and there were the hares chucked on top of each other left to rot. When i asked him why shoot them if your gonna chuck them he replied to stop the "dickhead coursers" yet they used to tear the fields up in there trucks. I also had a chat with a lad who loves his rifles and he said he shot a feral pig that had piglets and shot every single piglet. Now i understand that sometimes they have to be killed but the bloke had a pic of the sow and all the piglets !!!

I dont have a problem with rifle lads its a good form of pest control but it DOES annoy me that they never get any bad press. But if a lurcher or terrier is in the wrong place at the wrong time your f****d ......

Atb

• Like 3

I have no love for the trigger finger men....Crack the slip led any day...

Obviously,my and others comments regarding standing up for each other are sadly lost on you,there are good and bad apples in every barrel, I love to see a good dog run as well as the next man,and I also like my rifle,and pretty damn good I am with it too, divide and conquer is a strategy as old as the hills,but fools who attack another field sport,when we should be a strong unified voice,will spell the death nell for all our beloved sports and way of life,shame on you :nono: :nono:

• Like 5