Finnished For The Season Lamping

Good do for a first season young dog I reckon mate, easy to break a dogs heart by over matching them so why chance it I say......your enjoying it by the sound of things so that's the main job.

• Like 4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I agree millet is a lazy b***%*d and will only take the dog out for 1 hour at a time the poor pup has no chance of being one of the THL legends ... She will however be a champion show dog as he l

This will be my last trip of the season lamping with the pup..i say pup but she is around 16mth now..she has finnished her first lamping season with 63 rabbit's..not massive number's i know but enough

Did i ever say it was a massive bag.. ..you try bringing a pup up on the land i have access too and then tell me 63 rabbit's are poor for a 16mth old dog..and not forgetting brain child that 15mth's

Millet you've been really honest every time you've posted about this young dog and I respect you for that!!!!....60 odd rabbits is just fine..who knows your ground..time spent..there's si many variables who can comment but you?? My pups just 10 month old and he's doing everything iv asked of him.but his strike is useless...but he's a baby and he gives 100%....keep us posted please.....

• Like 1

Cheer's folk's.. :thumbs: .. i am more than happy with her progress and her hunting season is not over.. just the lamp side of thing's..she will still be doing a bit of ferreting and shooting work through out the year just to keep her ticking over..so you never know i might end up with 70 rabbit's before the lamping season kick's back in.. :D .

• Like 2

Cheer's folk's.. :thumbs: .. i am more than happy with her progress and her hunting season is not over.. just the lamp side of thing's..she will still be doing a bit of ferreting and shooting work through out the year just to keep her ticking over..so you never know i might end up with 70 rabbit's before the lamping season kick's back in.. :D .

Get a run out next season with us matey...might catch one or two between us? ....if we are lucky lol

• Like 1

I had it with my younger dog, used to retrieve fine but now fucks about a bit.With him though its because he don,t like bringing it all the way in with the other dog there..Retrieving for me is the icing on the cake its a bonus, as long as they catch a fair bit more than they miss i,m happy.....by the way thats a nice looking dog you got there millet :thumbs:

• Like 1

Get a run out next season with us matey...might catch one or two between us? ....if we are lucky lol

I might just do that Fuji once i have done all i can possibly do with her training.. :thumbs: ..i have had the offer from a good mate to take the pup out and try to bag 50+ bunnies in one night but for obvious reason's i declined on the offer.. :yes: ..let's see what next season bring's.. :D