Suppose you can't really judge motors until they have some decent milage on them, and feedback from other users who have had problems with them....most cars have common niggles, but major engine problems are a no no... look at the old freelanders :icon_eek:

I had a e-mail of a lad he had seen mine on e-bay and he said his engine had gone exact same and did i know anywere he could get a engine so it has to be a really common problem thats why the engines are fetching premium price because there is that many people after them and just to answer Millet i have always had diesels and always have them serviced i have a renault Kangoo van 98 with 150,000 on clock never spent on her apart from servicing and shes sweet as a nut how diesels should be. i brought the navara as i wanted some thing newer and more reliable plus 4x4 for my pest control business 1 year later back to the old Kangoo glad i kept her or i would be in the s--t cheers Dowen.

Not sure if this will work without signing in but this seems to be a classic blow up of a D22! there's a few guys with between 03 - 05 models one of which has only covered 43K which blew its bottom end, it could be they're boot them or just the way the rev the guts out of them, but at the end of the day they should be able to take that being mainly a rough and ready comercial motor.....

Cheers

Jasper Link http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?t=611

Guest MOLLY
If they are iffy which i VERY VERY much doubt they are they is allway's the insurence to fall back on.. :whistling::D .

The thing with the D22 is they need servicing every 6000 mile's. :icon_eek: . which mean's a oil change aswell as all the other bit's and bob's..

Could the lad's who are blowing them not be doing the correct check's.. :hmm: .. because in all the right up's i have read they are really good engine wise and they where 4x4 pick up of the year in 2002 or 2003.

Good luck anyway with your little nob extention's.. :D .

Millet

Its ok Millet, when your's blows up you can borrow my little nob extension anytime :feck:

MOLL.

Had one brand new on an 02 plate. Paid £15,500 + VAT for it . Just sold it with 60k on the clock for £7250 !

Not one problem with it and it was used properly off and on road.

Cheap motoring in my opinion.

f*****g BULLETPROOF MOTORS ! :yes: :yes:

I presume thats why there are so many for sale with 70K+ on the clock, because of the engine problem past this stage.

I've got a 2001 Navara, and it's great. Couldn't knock it apart from the seat belt not reeling back in! It's only got 35K on the clock and runs like a dream.

shell

I have the 04 plate with 76,000 on the clock and has started making the rattling noise when the engine is running and according the the 4x4 forum could be the beginning of the engine blowing. Its a work vehicle so i will tell the boss we will need to get shot of it quick and of course i will need a new pick-up in its place, this time a double cab and a canopy so i can go shooting, ferreting and lamping with the lurcher in comfort . :D:D